Throbbing

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Nikcole

Throbbing

Post by Nikcole »

For a little over two and a half months now I have felt like I stepped into an electrified pool of water and I have had a throbbing from head to two since! I went through some other symptom flairs when this first started but as the others calmed down this just keeps getting stronger! Now my Lyrica takes care of my insane tingles in my feet for the most part lol
My doctor just informed me today there was nothing they can do and they don't know what's causing it! And it may never go away! So I am asking does this sound familiar to anyone? Very interested! Thank You! :-D
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Throbbing

Post by ElliotB »

Hi and welcome to TIMS. I am in a similar situation but the pain is mainly in my right arm. Nerve pain is difficult to deal with. But it sounds like the Lyrica is working for you. Is it?

If not, here are several additional short term things you can try:

Nabilone (a man-made form of cannabis)
CBD oil (no prescription required, if you try this, only get the CW Botanicals brand from Colorado)
Royal Jelly (potent bee pollen capsules)
Fisher Wallace Stimulator (I just ordered this devise and will have it in my possession next week.) The manufacturer requires a prescription from a doctor.

Over the long term, diet and exercise can possibly help too.

Do you have MS?

Hope you feel better soon.
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

Yes I do have MS, and I am at my wits end lol I wake up with this feeling and go to bed with it! I don't know if I should look into finding another doctor to look into it?!? Or what road to take!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Unfortunately there is no magic pill or treatment for nerve pain (aside from Lyrica). Doctors cannot really help either. But there are other options, some of which I mentioned in my previous post. And perhaps others can share treatments that have helped them.

Some seem to do well with acupuncture. You may want to give it a try.
Last edited by ElliotB on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSbro
Family Member

Post by MSbro »

Nikcole wrote:Yes I do have MS, and I am at my wits end lol I wake up with this feeling and go to bed with it! I don't know if I should look into finding another doctor to look into it?!? Or what road to take!
If possible see if you can locate a Pain Clinic that operates in your area and get referred to it. These docs deal with pain all the time and are likely the best route to take.
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

Thank you All!!! I just started Aubagio I have this slight hope that it may help lol but I know that is just high hopes lol this year has been tough! I have lost 50lbs. In 6 months due to DMD meds not agreeing with me! I should have stuck with Avonex, other than causing large knots I done well with it!
Oh well gotta push on!
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

What's your blood pressure reading?

Also, where specifically feels like the dominant problem area? I know what you mean by head to toe but just pick one.

Regards,
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

Usuall around 117/78
And this is gonna sound funny but in my butt and back daily!
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I would kill to have your blood pressure!

I presume you mean lower back. Do you mean under the bum or on the sides?

Regards,
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

Well I guess I mainly notice it on the sides but at times under the bum, and lower back but including up around my shoulders!
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

Well.... Like I said it is a head to toe problem lol there's times I feel it in my toes real bad then other times it will be my figure tips or my eyes or ears! It's always something new lol gotta keep me hoppin!
It is just starting to ware me down!
I think I am going to ask for a referral to another neuro!
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Before you do that and reach for a tablet try massage and either Pilates or Yoga. Exercise is a must do.

I think, from what you describe, you have a bit of muscle tightness. Unless you are actually in an inflammatory state you should be able to stretch it out and get some relief. You wont be able to do it in your own.
It won't be a relaxation massage. It will hurt. I'm not saying this is what you have but these muscles are probably the ones to focus on for your lower regions -https://destroychronicpain.wordpress.co ... -the-butt/

For the upper area get someone who can do this (I hate the music but..)

If you are really tight it will take a few times.

Regards,
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

After speaking to a friend who is a pharmacy assistant she says my muscles are in constant tremors, and that explains the feeling to a tee! I never relax! I constantly feel exhausted
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

OK. If that is correct then nothing I suggested is in invalid but you need more. Your doctors offered you Lyrica and said nothing more can be done. Change doctors straight away because they confessed they cant help you.
Get the massage, take up an exercise that is about stretching and toning the body but find another doctor who will conduct tests for infection such as mycoplasma, Lyme, EBV, chlamydia and refer you to a neurologist. There are lots of different treatments for many different problems but Lyrica is a palliative not a cure.
Regards
Nikcole

Post by Nikcole »

Thank you so much! I just got ahold of a friend that does massage! They have me on Lyrica but only 100mg 2 times a day! At one point a couple years ago my other neuro had me on 300mg 3X a day
My current doc only had me on 75mg and I had her bump it up! I think I am going to get referred to OSU see if I can get some answers!

Return to “General Discussion”