HELP PLEASE. HOW TO TREAT THIS DECEASE

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: HELP PLEASE. HOW TO TREAT THIS DECEASE

Post by lyndacarol »

zorro8081980 wrote:lyndacarol, your opinion is better than any doctors prescription. Doctors are not `in our boat` and cant understand the things i feel....

Doctors diagnosed the MS basing on Magnetic resonance imaging results. in february they saw demyelinating. in july(second relapse) they have seen the progression of lesions / that signes plus my symptoms as numbing , loosing vision, bad coordination where taken into consideration. no tests of vitamin level, no special blood tests (just general test ), no thyroid gland test.

i am really interested - what was the reasons you dropped using drugs? bad side effects of that medication or what?
Your doctors saw lesions on your MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), but lesions are NOT only found in MS. Many conditions can have lesions – for example, migraine headaches, vitamin B12 deficiency.

Even the other symptoms you list (numbness, vision disturbances, loss of coordination) are found with many other conditions, including again a vitamin B12 deficiency.

All the other possibilities are usually ruled out by testing first before the MS diagnosis is made. There are tests to identify nutrient deficiencies (like B12, vitamin D, iron, magnesium and others), or tests to find thyroid hormone problems, or kidney problems, etc. – there is NO test that can identify MS.

But as Scott1 implies, all these tests may not be available to you. Focusing on food and your lifestyle may be the easiest and cheapest thing to do. For example, eating food that comes from animals is the only source for vitamin B12 (foods like meat, chicken, fish, eggs, cheese – however, many people think that dairy foods like milk and cheese should be avoided). Vegetarians often develop B12 deficiency. Sitting in the sunshine for 15-20 minutes every day allows vitamin D to be made in the skin where the sunshine falls. (But I am sure it is too cold to be sitting outside in the sunshine in Ukraine now before Christmas! I certainly don't do it before March here in the middle of the US!)

To answer your question… I stopped using MS drugs because I saw no improvements in my condition. I only got steadily worse. Even though my insurance was paying for them, I saw no reason for my insurance company to pay the ridiculously high bills! And I was tired of the side effects (the flu-like chills and shivering – even chattering teeth, bruising, red welts where the injections were given, and general "sick" feeling).
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Here in Ottawa, Canada, the government of the country has a special department responsible for the region around the capital, to take care of public lands and buildings. During the recent Harper (pseudo) Conservative government there was a recent proposal to erect a very weird structure right next to the Supreme Court building, as a monument to "victims of Communism".

Since Trudeau took over, the whole thing has been back-pedalled and moved somewhere less obtrusive. The best opponent I have seen is the mayor of Ottawa, but even he has not said what I think is true: the Emperor has no clothes. Even if there were so-called "victims of Communism" they probably would not like being categorized that way. But they do not exist. There have been victims of many things, whom I, for one, would never call by that loaded and misleading name. Communism, as it is imagined in this part of the world, never existed.

I think 'MS drugs' are something like that. If we had something that would really, directly treat and ameliorate MS, we would see that nothing else we have comes anywhere close. Stick to good food. If you have MS, bad eating habits will surely make it, and other problems, worse. Good eating may help a lot.

If you could get a competent CCSVI procedure, you might benefit. Don't be a lab rat.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

zorro8081980 wrote:tzootsi, thanks
is 5000 IU ok for everyday use?
I'm not a doctor, but I believe 5,000 iu of vitamin d is perfectly safe. My wife has been taking 10,000 iu for several months. Dr. Cicero Coimbra, a neurologist in Brazil, treats his MS patients with huge (50,000-100,000) daily doses. He said that up to 10,000 iu a day is safe without a doctors care, anything over that needs a doctors supervision.
Taurus
Family Elder

Post by Taurus »

Please try LDN