Banning Policy

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Banning Policy

Post by Arron »

Multiple situations have arisen now where members have been accused of crossing the line in one way or another and a call has been raised to ask them to leave.

It is extremely difficult to determine in a fair fashion if one should be on the site or not. Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they should be prevented from posting. However, if the manner in which they respond is making a large number of people uncomfortable and negatively affects the tone of the site, the offending member will unfortunately need to leave, or in forum terms, be "banned."

Effective immediately, if I recieve more than 5 PMs from established posters (registered for over 1 month, with more than 10 posts) complaining in detail-- with examples-- about a particular member, I will put the member on notice of the complaints and ask them to provide a public response. If after posting the defense, those same complaints are upheld, the member will be banned. If no defense is provided, the member will of course be banned.

Reinstatement will be on a case-by-case basis, run through me.

The board has become a victim of its own success and we must have fair rules in place to handle the inevitable uncomfortable situations that arise. This is MS wants to be a fair and open community, and we feel this process will allow that while still allowing the community at large to retain control over the tone of the site.

Comments are welcome, but this is now policy until otherwise noted.

-Arron
Last edited by Arron on Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vk

Post by vk »

:D GOOD FOR YOU. I HAD ALMOST GIVEN YOU UP, TOO MUCH POLITICS, HIDDEN AGENDA, COMPLAINING, AND ANGER. THIS IS FOR SHARING INFO. I HAVE NEVER FIGURED OUT HOW SOME MS.ERS CAN TYPE SUCH LONG DIATRIBES. I HAVE THE USE OF ONLY THE RIGHT SIDE, SO, IT IS AN EFFORT TO TYPE. GOOD WORK, STAY WELL, THANKS, VIKKI

Return to “General Discussion”