Random pain coming and going

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
AdiosMS
Getting to Know You...

Random pain coming and going

Post by AdiosMS »

Diagnosed 3 years ago, although MS was probably present and "latent" for 25+ years. Now, I am getting unexplained muscle pain. First, my lower back had excruciating pain unexplained by any activity or incident. Mobic did not help. After apx. 3 weeks, it went away. Next, my shoulder started paining me greatly, with no apparent source of trauma or injury. The pain goes all the way up my neck to behind my ear, then into my head.
Help! I have numerous lesions. Could these be "acting" up and causing these muscle problems? Any way to alleviate the pain? I am doing stretching for my shoulder. That helps some.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Random pain coming and going

Post by ElliotB »

I was diagnosed three years ago as well and have been dealing with persistent nerve pain for the past two years as well as some intermittent nerve pain too.

I find exercise, especially walking (long walks) helps. I also use ice. I also take CBD oil which seems to help significantly as far as reducing frequency and severity of the pain I am experiencing.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

I have found chiropractic care has helped a lot
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Sounds like massage is a good place to start. You need someone who can find the tight spots and release them (not always a comfortable process). The tightness in the lower back indicates a postural issue. That can be coming from the hips if they are tilted, the hamstrings if they are tight, the upper back if you are round shouldered etc.
The shoulder, if its right in the ball of the shoulder and you have difficulty lying on it could be adhesive capsulitis. That requires hydrodilation which is no big deal as a procedure.
For massage try someone who does pressure point work or preferably a genuine thai massage. For the shoulders get someone who can do this-

The next thing you must do is take up a form of exercise that works at isolating the small muscles such as Pilates. You aren't looking for a gym or an aerobic workout. You trying to stretch and strengthen the muscles that get missed.

Regards,