How many relapses since diagnosis?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
sadieForever

How many relapses since diagnosis?

Post by sadieForever »

I have been diagnosed in 2012,i have had 2 known relapses since then,and one that doctors doubt is ms flare,since it lasted only 2 days(with no steroids).How has ms been for you and how do you feel?

apart from depression i am ok ,thanks God ,but worried what future might bring one day
herecomesthesun

Re: How many relapses since diagnosis?

Post by herecomesthesun »

It's wonderful to hear you're doing pretty well! I was dx'd in 2011 and would say average 2 relapses a year, though might be more than that. I've gotten to a point where it feels nearly constant as my relapses like to hang around for months. I try to avoid steroids and reserve them for when optic neuritis flares up, I'll take a limp over fuzzy or double vision any day.
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

I was diagnosed in 1985 at the age of 24, with symptoms that go back to childhood.
I have had 6 exacerbations (relapse, attack, flare-up).
My biggest issue, from the beginning, has been my mobility.
However, I am still walking.
sadieForever

Post by sadieForever »

Snoopy wrote:I was diagnosed in 1985 at the age of 24, with symptoms that go back to childhood.
I have had 6 exacerbations (relapse, attack, flare-up).
My biggest issue, from the beginning, has been my mobility.
However, I am still walking.
Glad to hear you are doing great,,how close to eachother have your relapses been? i read its important predictor of how your ms will be if you know the time between 1 and 2 relapse
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I was diagnosed almost 3 1/2 years ago (age 54), had a relapse shortly after my diagnosis and then another about 6 month later which caused some nerve damage which still affects me. But I have been relapse free for over 2 years thankfully and overall am doing quite well.
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

sadieForever wrote: how close to eachother have your relapses been? i read its important predictor of how your ms will be if you know the time between 1 and 2 relapse
My exacerbations, one in each year:
Be careful about "predictors" as this disease is unpredictable and can change at anytime.
sadieForever

Post by sadieForever »

i feel like every time i start thinking about ms,and it gets me down/depressed ,i feel more symptoms,,hopefully that is just me not the ms
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

" feel like every time i start thinking about ms..."

There are many things you can do to avoid depression and feel great!
gramcjk
Getting to Know You...

Post by gramcjk »

I have MS, BUT MS does not have me. I refuse to accept DX. Just try to be positive every moment of the day!!

GRAMCJK