Eye movement

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jerrygallow
Family Elder

Eye movement

Post by jerrygallow »

Have you ever had a symptom where one of you eyes does the move properly? I recently had some face freeze for the first time when I realized only half of my lips smiled, but that cleared up within a couple of days. Then I started having double vision I realized it is because my right eye does not move to the left anymore, so anytime I look left my brain gets all confused and my vision is distorted. This is the new one to me. Waiting to get into see the doctor anybody else have something like this happen?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Eye movement

Post by ElliotB »

Yes, I have had a similar issue Initially, prior to my diagnosis, I had trouble focusing with both eyes at night looking forward, primarily when I was tired. My optometrist prescribed/changed my prescription (glasses) to include a prism to correct the issue not knowing what the root cause was. It didn't really help. That cleared up on its own over time, but I was left with focusing issues when I looked to the extreme left and right. It has cleared up for he most part when I look left (took well over a year) but I still experience it when I look to the extreme right.
Last edited by ElliotB on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

You may want to research Internuclear ophthalmoplegia (INO).

I have INO. It affects my left eye with only one muscle affected. This first started in January 2014 and I still have it. When I look to the right I see double, it will also shake (nystagmus). After seeing two Ophthalmologist and my Neurologist I was referred to a Neuro-Ophthalmologist who diagnosed Internuclear ophthalmoplegia (INO)/diplopia due to Multiple Sclerosis.

I could either just close one eye, when needed, so I would not see double or try prisms. I wanted to experiment so I decided to try a stick-on prism. The prism was put on my right glass lens and nothing on the left. I stick-on prism was removed earlier this year as it was bothering me. I still have INO noticeable on exam but most of what I deal with are headaches/pain localized on the left side starting at the temple, across the forehead and sometimes encompassing the left eye.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I had that issue in 1993. If it's like mine I could look one way and have one image and look in a different direction and have two. That coincided with with a drop foot so they gave me IV cortisone. It cleared up and never returned. Prior to that happening I used to hate walking in crowded places because all the moving people seemed to be shuddering and it was difficult to stay balanced as I walked towards them. They appeared to be jumping around to my eyes.

Maybe a whack of cortisone might do the trick.

Regards,

Return to “General Discussion”