Pleasant symptoms

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Punchy
Family Elder

Pleasant symptoms

Post by Punchy »

Have you ever experienced symptoms of MS that you actually find pleasant? If so, did you treat it?

In the past three months I've had two episodes where my legs, buttocks and hips feel wonderful - a relaxing, tingling sensation I find very pleasant. I have chronic tightness in my glutes and hips, more likely from lifestyle than MS, and this sensation is such a relief from that.

But, my muscles feel weak, and walking is like floating. The first time it happened I actually had a fall and thought the sensation was a result of that. It returned yesterday (2 months later) and now that I realize I have a cold coming on, I'm pretty sure it's MS (my bladder is now acting up, always my first sign of an infection).

Of course what's going on in my legs doesn't mean good things for what's going on in my brain. Would you treat this?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Pleasant symptoms

Post by ElliotB »

Of all things, my memory has improved!
aetex
Family Member

Re: Pleasant symptoms

Post by aetex »

I know that exact leg sensation you are talking about!! I told my neurologist that it feels like my legs are drunk. He wasn't sure what to make of that description lol. I actually don't like the sensation at all... it makes me feel out of control of my body and as if my legs only work by muscle memory and not by any actual neurological signals. I'm glad it is intermittent for me. If it started to happen more frequently or stay around for longer periods I would definitely go see the doctor and be evaluated.
I can wear pretty shoes to work and they never hurt my feet so I guess that is a plus :) I do not take anything for the neuropathy in my feet.