Spasticity and pain level changing with posture

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Taurus
Family Elder

Spasticity and pain level changing with posture

Post by Taurus »

My main issue has been numb right hand with spasticity and pain. But this aggrevates ten times once I raise my hand or even stand up. Does this happens with others also.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Spasticity and pain level changing with posture

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

It's a little difficult to pinpoint exactly how this works. I have two hands with altered sensation. Its more soreness and pain but sometimes its easier to just say numb because sore doesn't quite describe it either. It's symmetrical so both hands feel the same most of the time. I still have feeling and movement in my fingers and good strength in the hands. My neurologist says it would be coming from the cavitation and necrosis on the C7 vertebrae but I don't think its the whole story.
There are three primary nerves that run down your arm; the median, the radial and the ulnar nerve. There are many others but these go right down the fingers and palm of the hand. They originate in bundles of nerves that come from the spine and pass under the shoulder blade, up over the shoulder and down the arm. Sometimes they can get trapped along that path and massage can release them so the discomfort backs off. This is the best massage I know of to do that -

Other things to consider is if you need a little magnesium as a supplement to help to relax muscles and I would certainly suggest some form of exercise to move and use the muscles in your arm and hand. It could be as little as squeezing a ball but, if you can do more, I would.

Regards,
Taurus
Family Elder

Re: Spasticity and pain level changing with posture

Post by Taurus »

Sir
Thanks for quick and helpful reply. My symptoms are so confusing that I had undergone surgeries for thoracic outlet, pronator teres and twice carpel tunnel syndromes with still no great successes​. Anyway​ thanks for ur advices
Regards