MS Symptom Improvement: Significant but temporary.

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: MS Symptom Improvement: Significant but temporary.

Post by THX1138 »

THX1138, do you possibly have a link to the patent?
No. The MS drug containing niacin articles are just things I ran into. I really don't know anything about the drug. Frankly, I'm somewhat skeptical about the existence of the drug. In the end, I just don't know. I plead ignorance :confused:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi eliot it's just niacin without the amide. start w 50 mg and see how you go. it's fairly quick and transient so i'm ballparking wildly here but you should feel it well within an hour if you're going to react.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I just ordered some and will give it a try, thanks for the info.

According to one of the linked articles, "It is the “flush” that is important in order to expand the capillaries, flooding the body with much needed nutrients. Many doctors believe that this is vital for the rebuilding of the damaged myelin sheath". Makes a lot of sense!

Why this info has been buried for years is beyond belief!

Thanks THX1138 for the info and links.

Between Niacin, Vitamin D and Omega 3s, perhaps we have a fighting chance at recovery and reasonably good health!

Another form of Niacin that I take and one to consider if you are someone who takes supplements including Niacin is ChromaDex's patented NIAGEN® Nicotinamide Riboside (often referred to as NAD) which is also supposed to have many health benefits.
SammyJo
Family Elder

Post by SammyJo »

I was just searching all the old posts on Niacin flush from 2013, so glad to find y'all are still using it in 2017.

Here is my experience:
After shower, take 0.5 to 1.0 grams crushed Niacin ER under the tongue.
It forms a paste which I suck on for the next hour or so while I'm working out.
Takes me half an hour to get dressed, at which time my skin has turned red, then I start my workout.
Movement is much easier because the stiffness releases.
The flush doubles my strength, and I can workout for up to 90 minutes. Without the flush I can do 20 minutes.
The flush and energy fades after 45-90 minutes, depending on how much I take.
I have to do the flush and workout before eating anything as food prevents the effects.
I've tried swallowing it, but the flush starts hours later. But with the sublingual it always starts within 10-30 minutes.
In 2014 I started with only 75 mg sublingual. The burning skin was very uncomfortable, and a few times I felt faint.
As I got stronger from these workouts I was able to slowly work up to higher dose, and the burning reduced to a warm feeling, so easier to tolerate.
Tolerance does occur with reduced effectiveness, but skipping for a day or two, returns the energy effects.

Between 1 to 4 times a month the effect is strong enough that I can use the walker for 50-100 feet.
But without the flush, I can stand, but can't even slide my feet, let alone take steps.
The niacin flush has helped me rebuild atrophied muscles, increase strength and endurance.
RRMS '95 SPMS '02 | CCSVI 10/09 | Adult stem cells 2012 | http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/