shaky legs

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ebrownkirkland
Family Member

shaky legs

Post by ebrownkirkland »

Hey, all. Quick question. My office had a fire drill today and I had to walk down 18 flights of stairs. Now my right calf shakes when I stand up. This is the same leg that I usually have trouble with. Is it normal for my calf to shake? It also shakes if I wear high heels so I pretty much stick to flats these days unless I have an occasion that I have to wear something especially dressy (New Year's Eve, for example). Should I let my office know that I am "disabled" so that I can take the elevator downstairs in the future ahead of these drills? I am afraid I'm going to be in pain tomorrow because of all the stairs. (Usually my right calf spasms--especially after heavy exercise.) I don't want to make a big deal of this--and of course I don't "look" sick. The only issues I have, normally, are with my legs (right one, especially), and occasional double vision when I am tired. (I am also tired all. the. time. --especially if I'm getting sick or if I am sick--but I figure that just goes with the territory.)
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: shaky legs

Post by ElliotB »

"Should I let my office know that I am "disabled""

Why haven't you?
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

So you walked down 18 flights of stairs! Well done. It's not surprising that anyone would feel that. If it's only in one calf that's a fantastic outcome.

I don't know what you mean by heavy exercise but if it involves weights then you are contracting muscle. If you have tight muscles then you want to build strength when the muscle is in an elongated state. That is what eccentric muscle movement does as opposed to concentric exercise. (pilates, some yoga and some dance exercises)

Also, try to get a massage on the calf that focuses on separating the two groups and get some flexion into the foot.

Regards,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

bump
jimmylegs wrote:...but before digging in on that, what's your entire current regimen, in case any other potentially obvious thing leaps out?
hydration etc all good?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “General Discussion”