weakness in arm and hand?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ebrownkirkland
Family Member

weakness in arm and hand?

Post by ebrownkirkland »

Hey there. Yesterday I was very tired when I arrived home from work and experienced double vision. (This was nothing unusual--I often get double vision when I get tired. The double vision started back in August and it comes and goes.) Later in the evening, I experienced what I would call "weakness" in my right hand and arm. I was worried that it would go numb, in which case I would have called my doctor today, but this morning when I got up it was fine and it has been fine all day today (so far). Is this an "MS thing"? Anyone else get a Jell-O-like feeling in their upper extremities? I am used to experiencing issues with my legs (my right leg is worse than my left), but this issue with my right arm was new. Could this be the beginning of a relapse?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: weakness in arm and hand?

Post by jimmylegs »

bump
jimmylegs wrote:...but before digging in on that, what's your entire current regimen, in case any other potentially obvious thing leaps out?
hydration etc all good?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
msinsacramento
Getting to Know You...

Re: weakness in arm and hand -- ME TWO

Post by msinsacramento »

I was experiencing double vision and my right arm was numb and tingling off and on for about 3 years before I was diagnosed. The right arm numb & tingling I did not think anything of it but the double vision I finally thought I should go two the doctor after 3 years. They did a MRI on me and then I was diagnosed with MS. I really regret not going to the doctor sooner. Had I not been so stubborn about going to the doctor I could have been diagnosed 3 years sooner. Please contact your doctor about the double vision and your arm. Mostly important presser them about your (double vision). Let them know this (double vision comes and goes). Hopefully they will see that this double vision comes and goes and have been doing so for soo long. The (double vision) often is the first sign of MS and for me looking back it was. For you it could be or could not be however in my case the double vision was the first of many, many other signs that turned out to be MS. In my case the eye doctor referred me for a MRI & at the time I did not know why, but now I realize the eye doctor thought it could be MS and he was correct. If they do a MRI on you ask if they can do a MRI of the BRAIN and SPINAL cord. In my case they only did the MRI on the BRAIN at first then several years later they did one on the SPINAL cord. In my case they only needed the BRAIN to determine I had MS however as it turns out I had Lesions not only in my BRAIN but also my spinal cord. In your case, just because we both had the same symptoms does not mean you have MS but best to have the MRI to find out.