Ask about body temperature

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Viper99
Getting to Know You...

Ask about body temperature

Post by Viper99 »

Anybody know how to restore normal body temperature?i have low body temperature
i always feel cold especially in my hand and feet(toe)
Im taking low dose naltrexone since june 2017 and it reduce many of my symtomps like : tingling,pin n needle,burning sensation,tremor,fix my insomnia,more energy
Unfortunately it cant solve my body temperature
So anybody have the same problem & know how to fix this problem,please give me solution
Thanx before
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: Ask about body temperature

Post by Zyklon »

Any recent thyroid tests? Or blood sugar? Thanks.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

what's your serum mag?

not that you're a rat but
Changes in body temperature and blood pressure in rats with calcium and magnesium deficiencies.
http://jap.physiology.org/content/37/6/835

in the above, mag deficient rats had lower body temp among other things.

your mention of hands and feet especially remind me of raynaud's, which is another red flag for low mag.

Hypomagnesemia, renal dysfunction, and Raynaud's phenomenon in patients treated with cisplatin, vinblastine, and bleomycin
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/1097-0142(19851215%2956:12%3C2765::AID-CNCR2820561208%3E3.0.CO;2-2/full
"Severity of prior hypomagnesemia predicted an increased risk of Raynaud's phenomenon. Renal dysfunction, hypomagnesemia, and Raynaud's phenomenon are common chronic toxicities of vinblastine, bleomycin, and cisplatin therapy."

NHE might have something to contribute here also
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Viper99 wrote:Anybody know how to restore normal body temperature?i have low body temperature
i always feel cold especially in my hand and feet(toe)
Im taking low dose naltrexone since june 2017 and it reduce many of my symtomps like : tingling,pin n needle,burning sensation,tremor,fix my insomnia,more energy
Unfortunately it cant solve my body temperature
So anybody have the same problem & know how to fix this problem,please give me solution
Thanx before
My hands and feet (usually my hands) often get cold also. The coldness starts with my fingers and gradually works its way up my hands and up my arms if I don't eat soon. I tend to undereat. Eating usually causes them to warm up.
Specific dynamic action (SDA), also known as Thermic effect of food (TEF) or dietary induced thermogenesis (DIT), is the amount of energy expenditure above the resting metabolic rate due to the cost of processing food for use and storage.[1] Heat production by brown adipose tissue which is activated after consumption of a meal is an additional component of dietary induced thermogenesis.[2] The thermic effect of food is one of the components of metabolism along with resting metabolic rate and the exercise component. A commonly used estimate of the thermic effect of food is about 10% of one's caloric intake, though the effect varies substantially for different food components. For example, dietary fat is very easy to process and has very little thermic effect, while protein is hard to process and has a much larger thermic effect.[3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action

I also notice that under-eating causes increased spasticity and much worse moving.

I move around very little, sitting almost all the time. When I get moving around doing stuff in the kitchen or riding my exercise bike that greatly warms up my hands and feet. Sometimes magnesium oil treatments or some oral magnesium warms up my hands and feet also.
Last edited by THX1138 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

your mention of hands and feet especially remind me of raynaud's, which is another red flag for low mag.
When I was a teenager, my feet would get cold and turn bluish standing on the cold floor where I lived.
The (drug) doctor I was seeing at the time explained it by saying that my hands and feet were "allergic" to the cold. No further info.

When doctors know next to nothing about nutrients, as is the case for most, this is the kind of craziness they often come up with. I'm surprised I wasn't prescribed a drug, but maybe there are no drugs approved for treating bluish feet.

Status of nutrition education in medical schools
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430660/
On average, students received 23.9 contact hours of nutrition instruction during medical school (range: 2–70 h).
A total of 106 surveys were returned for a response rate of 84%. Ninety-nine of the 106 schools responding required some form of nutrition education; however, only 32 schools (30%) required a separate nutrition course. On average, students received 23.9 contact hours of nutrition instruction during medical school (range: 2–70 h). Only 40 schools required the minimum 25 h recommended by the National Academy of Sciences. Most instructors (88%) expressed the need for additional nutrition instruction at their institutions.
Viper99
Getting to Know You...

Post by Viper99 »

@jimmylegs
I will check later for magnesium test
So what shoul i do?should i take magnesium everyday?
What is the dosage
Do u mean hypomagnesia is caused by renal dysfunction?
And why it treated with cancer meds?

@thx1138
My feet and hand stay in normal color,it doesnt change into bluish or other color but i can feel its temperature is so cold

@zyklon
I have test for tyroid several month ago
But i forgot the result,later i will add the info
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Viper99 Have you noticed if eating more food helps ?
Eating Breakfast is super important :!: :!:
How about movement or exercise, does that help ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_ ... mic_action Specific dynamic action (SDA), also known as Thermic effect of food (TEF) or dietary induced thermogenesis (DIT), is the amount of energy expenditure above the resting metabolic rate due to the cost of processing food for use and storage.[1] Heat production by brown adipose tissue which is activated after consumption of a meal is an additional component of dietary induced thermogenesis.[2] The thermic effect of food is one of the components of metabolism along with resting metabolic rate and the exercise component. A commonly used estimate of the thermic effect of food is about 10% of one's caloric intake, though the effect varies substantially for different food components. For example, dietary fat is very easy to process and has very little thermic effect, while protein is hard to process and has a much larger thermic effect.[3]
[/quote]
A number of years ago I bought a bunch of garlic pills on sale, and I noticed that they really helped heat up my hands and feet.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been doing almost all of my posts recently using this speech-to-text website. Now I don't spend grueling sessions at the keyboard anymore. ------ http://www.thisisms.com/forum/daily-lif ... 29547.html
Just be sure to proofread what you have spoken/written, otherwise you can get some unintended words.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i'll keep an eye out for a test result. if you don't have one on file, could be worth asking.

failing bloodwork, you can assess your own diet for mag sufficiency.

you can read more about that and about daily needs in my last post to new member skatiem
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/undiagnos ... ml#p250603

one option for a supplement to help meet daily needs
http://orangenaturals.com/essential/mag ... ate-200mg/
(but use whole foods as the basis as much as possible, for the other ingredients vs isolated magnesium)

the last study mentioned above was only meant to show a relationship between low mag and raynaud's. the context of the study (kidney issues, drug treatment) just came along for the ride. if there were more clear studies looking at mag and raynaud's in isolation, that would be great but i havent seen one yet.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

Hi Viper99,

Have you ever had someone feel your feet when they feel cold? Do they agree that your feet are cold?

Return to “General Discussion”