Newsflash: Wellness a Priority for MS Patients

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Newsflash: Wellness a Priority for MS Patients

Post by jimmylegs »

HAHAHAHAHA i'd missed these entirely so apologies for any cross posting
but yes. as mentioned elsewhere here at TiMS, equal expenditure of energy on the pursuit of wellness please, relative to any effort directed at obtaining dx, choosing a drug, and so on.

Your Patients with Multiple Sclerosis have Set Wellness as a High Priority—And the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is Responding
http://bit.ly/2zNXlDW
( find the TiMS member ^ )

Wellness and multiple sclerosis: The National MS Society establishes a Wellness Research Working Group and research priorities
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10. ... 8516687404

Abstract
Background:
People with multiple sclerosis (MS) have identified “wellness” and associated behaviors as a high priority based on “social media listening” undertaken by the National MS Society (i.e. the Society).

Objective:
The Society recently convened a group that consisted of researchers with experience in MS and wellness-related research, Society staff members, and an individual with MS for developing recommendations regarding a wellness research agenda.

Method:
The members of the group engaged in focal reviews and discussions involving the state of science within three approaches for promoting wellness in MS, namely diet, exercise, and emotional wellness.

Results:
That process informed a group-mediated activity for developing and prioritizing research goals for wellness in MS. This served as a background for articulating the mission and objectives of the Society’s Wellness Research Working Group.

Conclusion:
The primary mission of the Wellness Research Working Group is the provision of scientific evidence supporting the application of lifestyle, behavioral, and psychosocial approaches for promoting optimal health of mind, body, and spirit (i.e. wellness) in people with MS as well as managing the disease and its consequences.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Newsflash: Wellness a Priority for MS Patients

Post by Scott1 »

Wow! I can feel at least a decades worth of nice conferences at exotic locations coming on. Everyone should bring their bathers and practice nodding in agreement. Be prepared to hold hands in group sessions.
It will be a very good opportunity to get away from patients and just talk to experts for up to one day in the trip. Partners and Children will enjoy the change of scenery and some nice food. Not that stuff we tell patients to eat.

If it wasn't true it would be laughable.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

but.. but.. they included one individual with ms!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

I think we should have a meeting to see if we should workshop this. Then circle back for a review and further discussion.

I'll need to check my diary. Perhaps we could meet half way. Hawaii would work and we probably need some time for recovery as it is a long way.

Perhaps we could make it more worthwhile if we made it a full blown conference.

Of course, we will need to write this up and have it reviewed. Funding will be an issue for that but conference should be ok.

We need to give the conference a name. What haven't we discussed for a while?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

:idea: :idea: :idea:
i'm good to go
8) 8) 8)
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

That's me!!! hahaha
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

spot on!
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

Just a couple of points on this -

Isn't diet, exercise etc worked on by the patients themselves because the medical profession has failed them?
These are things people can do for minimal threshold cost
Why pay neurologists for advice they are not trained to give?