My diabetes experience for the past 7 years

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
moet36

My diabetes experience for the past 7 years

Post by moet36 »

I am 58 years old, diabetic seven years ago, when the fasting glucose test is 15ml, when the glucose tolerance test up to 21ml. There have been complications such as numbness of the toe, itching, and blurred vision.

When I first discovered my disease is very confused, do not have much knowledge of the disease should diet and exercise to reduce the health. 1.65m high but I only weighed 52 kg, people are often tired.

After reading books and materials on diabetes combined with the advice of an endocrinologist, I gradually mastered my activities.

In the diet I only abstain from sugar refining and the sweet little fruits I eat but not much. As I am working, to ensure the health of every meal I eat two small bowls of rice eaten with vegetables, eat more fish and seafood, lean meat, eat vegetable oil, do not eat animal fat.

Regular exercise regimen: Since people with diabetes are prone to hypoglycemia when over-exercising, I choose the sport as a bike because it distributes energy throughout. training process. Every day after work in the afternoon I usually cycle around 10 to 15 km, occasionally walking a few km. Especially in the morning I maintain the exercises of the Tibetan monks as instructed in the book "Fresh Spring Stream". I found this to be a very useful exercise, not only for diabetics but also for everyone to maintain their health.

It is very important that patients have good management of blood glucose levels both when hunger and after eating. Most people usually only care about blood glucose when hungry but less interested after eating. In order to manage this indicator well, patients should buy a meter to be active in blood glucose testing without much dependence on physicians and hospitals. The use of the machine is simple, everyone can do it themselves without the doctor. Staying mentally and mentally at ease: Having a sense of disease to have a proper living regime, but absolutely not suffering from psychological illness, this is an important factor to ensure a comfortable spiritual life. The treatment process is better.

Thanks to a reasonable diet, good blood glucose control, so now my health is guaranteed, weighing at 58 kg, the blood glucose, cholesterol ... all parameters are allowed, the variable Diabetes is gone.

Of course healing is needed by the doctor but in my opinion diabetes is the best self-healing physician.

These are the experiences that I synthesized during my diabetes treatment. Hope it helps everyone!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: My diabetes experience for the past 7 years

Post by ElliotB »

And what do you consider is a "reasonable diet"?

FWIW, my mother, now 88, became diabetic about 5 years ago and had been able to fully control it through diet and exercise until about a month ago.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: My diabetes experience for the past 7 years

Post by jimmylegs »

how's her serum zinc and mag status, e?

Study of serum levels of Zinc and Magnesium in Type 2 Diabetic subjects (2016)
"The serum zinc and magnesium levels were (85.28±28.68 µ gm/dl) and (1.35±0.40 mg/dl) respectively in group I and (115.68±46.99 µ gm/dl) and (2.03±0.36 mg/dl) respectively in group II. The levels were significantly decreased in group I."

re healthy controls findings in the above, mean 115 µg/dl is very consistent with the 120 µg/dl neighbourhood generally associated with healthy status in other lit

and as for serum mg, everyone in group II with levels at +1SD and higher is well into the 2.3-2.7 mg/dl consistently seen in the lit as associated with healthy controls.

related recent lit

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?as_yl ... as_sdt=0,5
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.