Reversible

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Tif
Family Elder

Reversible

Post by Tif »

Hello All,

I have a number of questions on different levels.

But first, something I did and part of what I was told during the session. I went to see Debra Martin & Sheri Getten, intuitive healers, here in AZ. Here's their site, https://www.debraandsheri.com/

Before you scoff, pls read with an open mind and then feel free.

Before meeting with them, the only things they knew about me was my name and I was in a wheelchair. I told them nothing about me or how I ended up in the chair.

During the session, it came through that my "problems" started when I was seven.... When I was 7, I had viral pneumonia. I was really really sick.

Debra went on to describe the ear infections and draining I experienced. I had ear infections for more years than most people. The Dr.'s gave me one more ear infection before I got tubes in my ears.

She described things about the car accident that I had, that put this nasty ass disease in high gear and that's what led to me finding out about MS & my diagnosis. I did not have a clue I had MS before that accident.

At another point, I was told to picture a white board, I'm standing in front of it and I'm to write with a large black marker "REVERSIBLE" and that it is REVERSIBLE.

Also that I was walking without any aids.

Before you dismiss, look at the site and the testimonials and the info on there. The testimonials give me hope!

While more info came through, I hit the high points.

So, if it's reversible for me, it certainly seems it should be reversible for others too. Has anyone ever had an experience like this?

If MS is linked to a virus, what should/would we do?? 'cuz that's what I wanna do!!!

with love,
Tiff
David1949
Family Elder

Re: Reversible

Post by David1949 »

Well here is the 64000 dollar question:

Are you still in the wheelchair?

If so then has your condition improved in any measurable way?
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

Hello,
Yes, still in the chair... But I've gotta believe that I won't be for the rest of my life...I need that hope for my own sanity....The way I'm looking at what I learned during my session is, why would she make up such things, as to what I have is reversible and that I will be walking again without any aids? Wouldn't that be so extremely cruel to lie about? It's not to get me back for more sessions. I look at the testimonials and believe the people.... so, in the end, it gives me hope.....

Here is a question & answer between us:
"Hello,
Couple questions for ya....
Can I get more info on what to do to get my walking ability back? I was in contact with someone that said they could help, but after looking them up, it looks to be a huge scam...
How is my disease reversible? Am I looking at several more years of this disability and not walking? I'm finding myself needing help...."

response from Debra:
"Hi,
We don't have the answers for the whens or the hows. We are the instruments and we can only go by the words that were given by God. We recommend that you trust your intuition and guidance as that is how it works. If you feel you need to seek out help in other areas place them Gods hands and trust the open and closed doors. This is the hardest part for us as we want everyone to be healed immediately. We know healing is sometimes a process and everybody's process is different not one persons is the same. That is what we will not be able to understand or explain as it is God's plan."

So I thought I'd ask all of you if anyone else has done anything like this and was told the same thing? What is in the works with the research folks? Myelin repair?

I do notice more control over my legs and upper body when laying down. But I'm not at that walking stage.

For all of us, I truly want this to come to fruition.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Tif wrote:We know healing is sometimes a process and everybody's process is different not one persons is the same. That is what we will not be able to understand or explain as it is God's plan."
I am wary of anyone using the phrase "god's plan." The other phrase "healing is sometimes a process" is self-evident and its use would also make me wary.
Tif wrote:So I thought I'd ask all of you if anyone else has done anything like this and was told the same thing? What is in the works with the research folks? Myelin repair?
Biogen has been working on an anti-LINGO antibody for myelin repair for a long time. However, their pipeline page shows that it still hasn't gotten past phase 1.

https://www.biogen.com/en_us/research-p ... eline.html

There is also the Myelin Repair Foundation, but I haven't followed their work in years.

http://www.myelinrepair.org/

It looks like they have a compound in clinical trial, MRF-008, but I don't know what its current status is.
Tif wrote:I do notice more control over my legs and upper body when laying down. But I'm not at that walking stage.

For all of us, I truly want this to come to fruition.
Have you ever tried using a Theracycle for getting your legs moving again? The Theracycle is a motorized exercise bike.

http://theracycle.com/

You may also want to read Norman Doidge's book "The Brain's Way of Healing." There's a chapter that discusses the success a Parkinson's patient had with walking as a therapy to control their Parkinson's symptoms. In effect, walking helps increase the production of endogenous neurotrophic growth factors which may have helped control the patients symptoms and hold off disease progression.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/reading-n ... 28843.html

Perhaps using an assisted exercise device, such as a Theracycle, would get your own endogenous neurotrophic growth factors going. At the very least, it seems like it would help prevent your leg muscles from atrophying.
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

I am wary of anyone using the phrase "god's plan." The other phrase "healing is sometimes a process" is self-evident and its use would also make me wary.
(i'm not sure if I did the quote function correctly)

I absolutely can agree with you. Blanket statements that I've 'scoffed' at in some form, especially with MS. I haven't been to church in decades...yet I go to them for help

I'll look at that theracycle! Increasing my production of endogenous neurotrophic growth factors is definitely a step in the right direction.

I contacted Swissmedica for info on stem cell....after speaking with them, I looked up scams and Swissmedica and there are people warning others not to do it. Are people in Europe successfully using stem cells for MS? Is there any success in the US? I hear stories, that are a friend of a friend, who stem cells helped. But I don't see it....

What still does help me is marijuana. Absolutely stills wipe out any pain...

Thanks for the book info too, I appreciate the info you fwd'd :-D
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I agree- we need to have hope and a belief that we will get better one day. I also believe in God and that prayers are sometimes answered.

Good luck to you friend.
David
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

Thanks David! :-D

NHE, I received info on the Theracycle, I am so glad you pointed it out. Although I can't afford the actual Theracycle, I found a motorized version on Amazon for $87. (I don't know the differences between the two, but I know $4500 is out of my range). I've used it for about a week now and I definitely notice a difference. After, I have all sorts of sensations in my feet and legs, the blood is finally moving around... :-D My muscles aren't as tight now. Thanks again for pointing it out, I'm loving it!
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Tif wrote:Thanks David! :-D

NHE, I received info on the Theracycle, I am so glad you pointed it out. Although I can't afford the actual Theracycle, I found a motorized version on Amazon for $87. (I don't know the differences between the two, but I know $4500 is out of my range). I've used it for about a week now and I definitely notice a difference. After, I have all sorts of sensations in my feet and legs, the blood is finally moving around... :-D My muscles aren't as tight now. Thanks again for pointing it out, I'm loving it!
That's great to hear! What kind did you wind up getting?
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

Hi NHE,
Exerpeutic Motorized Leg and Arm Exercise Bike with Bonus Mat
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc. (and other places)
$87.63

I've used it everyday for an hour plus a day. It's working for me, I'm loving it! :-D Thanks again!

Tif

Return to “General Discussion”