Treament of agressive MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Taurus
Family Elder

Treament of agressive MS

Post by Taurus »

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with agressive MS . Pl guide me .
koneall
Family Elder

Re: Treament of agressive MS

Post by koneall »

I can share my two cents: MS is an autoimmune disorder. Antibodies are attacking the myelin sheath surrounding certain nerves. When damaged nerve function is poor. There are three or four different kinds of MS. There are a lot of books and online sources that can explain the differences. I was diagnosed based on MRI lesions. There are other tests but the neurologist thinks my case is bad enough to just go forward with treatment. I took high doses of steroids IV for three weeks then started Tysabri injections monthly. I've been on treatment for six months. Before the diagnosis I had double vision in my left eye then developed vertigo, dizziness that made walking nearly impossible. Since starting treatment these symptoms have faded.

There are others here who've had a much worse time. Hopefully some will chime in.
MStranslate
Family Member

Re: Treament of agressive MS

Post by MStranslate »

Hi Taurus,

I am a multiple sclerosis researcher based in Melbourne, Australia. I work with a number of other researchers, neurologists and clinicians in the MS space. If you can guide me with some more specific questions that you would like answers to, I would be more than happy to help. Rest assured that there is lots of high-quality information available that should help with any queries or concerns that you/your friend have.

Kind regards!
Brett Drummond

MS Researcher/Science Communicator/Co-Founder of MStranslate
www.mstranslate.com.au
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MStranslate

Return to “General Discussion”