MS symptoms come from hormones imbalance

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ghaith
Getting to Know You...

MS symptoms come from hormones imbalance

Post by ghaith »

Hi,

I have been facing MS for some time now (since 1992) without much being explained from MDs other than take this medicine/supplement , or live healthy and do exercises to "improve" your condition .

like many with similar cases (RRMS) the first stage was tolerable. but afterwards it got worse and worse moving into SPMS . the usual recommendation would be to start interferones and other "hard" medications which should help in the early stages of MS . I do not regret they were not there in my case because i read lots of bad stuff on their side effects .

Lately, i am trying to read and evaluate what is going on, I noticed that so many of my current and past symptoms are actually symptoms of hormonal imbalance. mainly from the thyroid gland and other glands in the endocrine system.

Symptoms like; brain fog, fatigue,weak muscles, water retention-urine problems , body heat/cold regulation, sleep problems, ... and the list goes on. I do not have all the symptoms mentioned in the book but what i do have are mentioned. I believe this need more research.

have a look at this article

>>

https://www.webmd.com/women/ss/slidesho ... -solutions
When Your Thyroid Goes Awry

"Does fatigue drag you down day after day? Do you have brain fog, weight gain, chills, or hair loss? Or is the opposite true for you: Are you often revved up, sweaty, or anxious? Your thyroid gland could be to blame. This great regulator of body and mind sometimes goes haywire, particularly in women. Getting the right treatment is critical to feel your best and avoid serious health problems

<<

I also found this related to MS link to pineal gland.

>>

Pineal calcification and its relationship to the fatigue of multiple sclerosis.
<<

and look at the uses of melatonin (from pineal gland ) to treat some of what i have or had.

>> uses of melatonin
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppleme ... ientid=940

"Some people use melatonin for ... insomnia caused by beta-blocker drugs, endometriosis, ringing in the ears, depression or seasonal affective disorder (SAD), mild mental impairment, nonalcoholic liver disease, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, restless leg syndrome, an inflammatory disease called sarcoidosis, schizophrenia, migraine and other headaches, age-related vision loss, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bone loss (osteoporosis), a movement disorder called tardive dyskinesia (TD), acid reflux disease, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), exercise performance, infertility, epilepsy, aging, for menopause, metabolic syndrome, for recovery after surgery, agitation caused by anesthesia, stress, involuntary movement disorder (tardive dyskinesia), changes in heart rate when you move from laying down to sitting up (postural tachycardia syndrome), delirium, inability to control urination, jaw pain, inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis), and for birth control."

<<

Now I am trying to remember what happened when it all started , yes i was in a stressful stage which lasted for a while and there are many people who claim MS results from stress or is inherited or ... or .... I say yes stress might be one of the reasons of MS , off course there might be other causes but it looks like all goes to a damaged endocrine system and its control center ; the hypothalamus.

>>From Stress to Inflammation and Major Depressive Disorder: A Social Signal Transduction Theory of Depression
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006295/

Stress increases your heart rate and force, constricts your arteries, and affects heart rhythms. It thickens the blood, which may protect against blood loss in case of injury, according to UMMC. Stress increases blood pressure, and chronic stress damages blood vessel linings, especially because chronic stress contributes to inflammation.

<<

I guess the link above says something about Zamboni and why he found the CCSVI. It's bad he stopped researching in that area- I wonder why ?

The more I read on glands (the endocrine system ) the more I am convinced that MS cure lies there. Especially when I find all the recommendations to take care of your glands are the same that i am told to follow to improve my MS ( what to eat, how to live, exercise, ...etc)

Now i like to move ahead with all this, and try to solve my current problems, I guess i have to start with

a test to my endocrine system.
follow a good diet to nourish my glands and heal them. This is when I came across OMS website

what do you think; Can you share anything to help and clear things up

Best Regards
​Ghaith​
my blog: https://goo.gl/1R6b5A
koneall
Family Elder

Re: MS symptoms come from hormones imbalance

Post by koneall »

I think it should be a BIG clue that MS affects women much more than men. Years ago I took testosterone injections to improve libido and muscular strength. Then read The Testosterone Solution. He claimed cruciferous veggies helped to balance testosterone vs estrogen. I noted also that Hahn and others recommend veggie diets but for other reasons. So I take DIM: Diindolyl methane, the active ingredient in cruciferous veggies. One problem for me is libido but that might be explained by my age, 61, or the tysabri I take for MS or the pradaxa I take for APS.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: MS symptoms come from hormones imbalance

Post by jimmylegs »

zinc
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.