hand tremor

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
koneall
Family Elder

hand tremor

Post by koneall »

[img]DSC03104[/img]

Because of MS and APS I have resting tremor in my left, the dominant hand, I'm trying to turn my right into the dominant hand by practicing my handwriting. Anyone wanna guess which is which in the photo? I practice by brushing my teeth with the non-dominant hand. My dad was in the army for 20+ years. He was a leftie and the army switched him by forcing him to do everything with is right hand.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: hand tremor

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

If you have access to a piano, get a book of scales and start working your way through the first few. Its boring, unpleasant to listen to and practically the most antisocial thing you can do. It will, however, strengthen both hands and improve dexterity. Your forearms will ache until they strengthen up so you just have to keeps going.

I have very altered sensation in both hands because of damage on C7 but I do get benefit from doing this. Just working out how to read them helps keeps the mind agile.

Regards,
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: hand tremor

Post by ElliotB »

I have a similar issue and intentionally use my 'bad' hand whenever possible with the hope of a 'fix' in the communication between my brain and my hand (FWIW, non-dominant left hand). But after for years of trying, no success yet. But I still try and am still hopeful....

If you like rock music, Rock Band can be fun and possibly helpful!