Bladder issues...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Jaded
Family Elder

Bladder issues...

Post by Jaded »

Hi guys and gals

I've been reading your bladder posts....perhaps it needs its own forum!

So for a long few months I have had various health issues - at times it felt relentless. And recently I have had what felt like a UTI. I went to the GP, was given nitrofurantoin. I had this once before but this time it made me feel hellish. My legs were very stiff, I was exhausted and my eczema flared up. I was still symptomatic so went back after almost a week. The test results had come back negative so I was told to see how things went for a few days. I gave another sample. Well it did seem to calm down and then it was back. I had been taking D-mannose and even some uva-ursi.

I went back yesterday and was told that both samples were negative. But this time I had been peeing blood so they gave me cephalexin. I have almost taken 2 day's worth but not yet convinced it is helping.

I am due to go for a scan...not sure when, that's up to the NHS. But I have no idea what to do or what it might be.

Have you experienced this at all - when you are sure it is a UTI but the tests say otherwise?

I would appreciate any advice please!

J x
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Bladder issues...

Post by NHE »

Were you checked for kidney stones? In my experience, they can cause bleeding and symptoms similar to a UTI.
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

No not yet NHE - I expect that will come with or after the scan.....
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Given the problems and what you've been taking, it might be worthwhile to know what your uric acid levels actually are compared to the reference range.

Hope you find an answer to all this.

Regards,
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Hi Scott

I actually just had some blood tests - a full blood count. Which was ok apparently.

I shall ask if I end up back at my GP, but am surprised they didn't suggest this.

Thanks