Purple Foot!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
dansmail26

Purple Foot!

Post by dansmail26 »

How many people have a purple foot? I had one and after a ccsvi procedure it went away. I waas just reading the biotin thread here and someione said there purple foot went away..
Do others have this? Never heard it mentioned before as an ms symptom.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Purple Foot!

Post by Scott1 »

Go to a doctor
dansmail26

Post by dansmail26 »

that is a wise ass reply to a serious question.

have others had a blue/purple foot before? Like I said I did and itn disappeared with ccsvi angioplasty. I read another person had it and got rid of it with biotin. do others with ms have this?
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

This is a fairly common symptom of MS. I believe it's caused by faulty circulation due to the nerves and muscles not functioning 100%. My wife has had it off an on for several years. CCSVI helped for a few months, as did biotin. She still gets it a little, but not like before.
dansmail26

Post by dansmail26 »

my doctor at the ms clinic had never heard of it before.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

If it's purple then it will be to do with either circulation or infection. It can imply a diabetic condition, early gangrene, Raynaud's disease or a blocked artery. It could be indicative of more serious circulatory conditions that could result in clots shifting, predict the risk of a later stroke or if left untreated result in amputation.

I wouldn't sit there and say "it's my MS".

We can't see your foot. Go to a doctor.

Regards,
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Scott1 wrote:If it's purple then it will be to do with either circulation or infection. It can imply a diabetic condition, early gangrene, Raynaud's disease or a blocked artery. It could be indicative of more serious circulatory conditions that could result in clots shifting, predict the risk of a later stroke or if left untreated result in amputation.
Add congestive heart failure to the list for purple feet.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20373142
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

I have experienced purple/red swollen feet due to MS. This has only happened twice and was part of an exacerbation, once the exacerbation resolved so did the swollen purple/red feet problem. I have never experienced this any other time and I did not use steroids.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

If it's only one foot, it's probably MS. Terry Wahls talks about this symptom in her book.
Snoopy
Family Elder

Post by Snoopy »

tzootsi wrote:If it's only one foot, it's probably MS. Terry Wahls talks about this symptom in her book.
The two times it happened as part of an exacerbation is was both feet, however, my exacerbations will present bilaterally.