Constipation

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Constipation

Post by 1eye »

I recommend biotin 300 mg/day, and I used to use stewed rhubarb. Still works.

Chris Sullivan
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

strange little almost connection - one spring i ate too many dark leafy greens AND stewed rhubarb (freezer cleanout effort) which ended in a bizarre episode of concurrent athlete's foot and gout. i wish i could find the web site again, that finally helped me make the connection. i backed off mostly on the rhubarb and the pain subsided. tried just one more rhubarb serving a couple days later, more pain. okay i get it foot - back off on the oxalic acid foods. had never experienced anything like that previously and (whew!) have never had a recurrence.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Different foods seem to have a different effect at different times on different people.

I notice some are eating bananas for constipation.

I just go by the thing we used to give our kids for diarrhea: we called it the BART diet -- bananas, apples, rice, and toast. It would follow that those same foods are NOT good for constipation. So I would never eat a banana if I was constipated. I might also try to avoid apples (or applesauce), rice, or toast.

That being said, if I was NOT constipated (biotin 300mg/day) I would try to eat some or all of those foods.

Chris Sullivan

PS My blog is http://letters.sullivanweb.me
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

We could discuss this till we're blue in the face. I always eat bananas that are quite ripe. A vast quantity of bananas are not actually ripe. They are artificially made to look that way by gasing during transport so the skin turns yellow but the fruit is unripe. I agree unripe bananas wouldn't help. If you think a banana tastes dry, hard or not particularly flavoursome then it is not actually ripe.

http://www.constipationexperts.co.uk/bl ... ation.html

Regards,

Return to “General Discussion”