question re appetite and zinc

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: question re appetite and zinc

Post by jimmylegs »

ok so there has been a washout period in place if only for a matter of hours. for next time, a week off from zinc supplements should be fine especially given your confidence re status. in research washout periods can be much longer, weeks on end.

the reference range for zinc, as is the case for many essential nutrients, includes the sick and the healthy under the bell curve of normal.

please let that sink in. i'm confident we've been over this point in the past.

only truly severe deficiencies are flagged in most bloodwork. sure they've gotten around to within-normal gradations for iron and d3 but for most tests the shadings just have not been figured out and programmed in. luckily you can figure out what zinc levels the truly healthy controls are at in research, and aim to be like them :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: question re appetite and zinc

Post by THX1138 »

More specifically, I had noticed that a one week washout period prior to the zinc and copper testing caused my zinc to drop significantly but it had no effect on my copper level. Like I said I had posted on TiMS about this but I don't know where it's at now :?:

Reading through this thread, I couldn't help but think that were so fortunate to have jimmylegs on board!

THX1138 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:32 pm ElliotB, How has the Zn/Cu thing been going ?
I have found that a washout period prior to the blood draw really affects results & somewhere on TiMS I have posted about it.