Does this aching pain ever go away?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Rowena
Getting to Know You...

Does this aching pain ever go away?

Post by Rowena »

I was diagnosed with this almost a year ago. Everyone said it would get easier and I would feel more normal every day. Not a day goes by that I don’t break down crying over what my future is going to be. The thought of people I know finding out about this makes me cry. I am so humiliated by this I have to pretty much whisper when I am talking to someone at the Dr at check in.

I want to know what I did so wrong in life to deserve this. I honestly don’t see the point in anything since it will all end in the same place with me unable to work and being fully or partly blind and needing some type of assistance to walk.I just want to feel normal again and stop crying but I don’t see how. I know my dream of this being something else if just that a dream… but it at least allowed me to feel hope for what is probably the last time in my life.

Sorry for the depressing rambling I am just realizing more and more that I will never have the life I want with this. I get angry at the "normal" people for just talking about their normal life. I just wish I could win the lottery so I could be left alone in my apartment.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Does this aching pain ever go away?

Post by jimmylegs »

active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I want to know what I did so wrong in life to deserve this.

Sometimes things just happen, don't blame yourself. In any case, blaming yourself will not accomplish anything.

I honestly don’t see the point in anything since it will all end in the same place with me unable to work and being fully or partly blind and needing some type of assistance to walk.

There is more to life than working, but please keep in mind that most people with MS can work and out of necessity will choose to work at something they enjoy (while most people work at jobs they hate). ALSO, most with MS don't go blind, don't need assistance to walk, don't loose their mobility and can and do lead happy, relatively healthy, productive lives.

Learn to turn lemons into lemonade!
Last edited by ElliotB on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

you took the bait
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Luongo
Family Member

Post by Luongo »

Doesn’t actually reference what disease it is. May be a weird copy paste routine they do across many such boards
Rowena
Getting to Know You...

Post by Rowena »

what bait? This is an honest and serious question.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
I can think of quite a few different types of pain. Can you explain what the pain you feel is like and whereabouts it feels worst?

The clearer the description the easier it is to make a suggestion. I note you're on a few things already. Not all medications help pain, some just mask it or make you perceive it differently.

Regards,
Rowena
Getting to Know You...

Post by Rowena »

I thought I was clear. The feeling that my heart has been ripped from my chest and I’m having to slowly watch my future die In front of me.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Well, that's not actually pain. I think you have to talk to someone to resolve that. You're obviously very despondent and, of course, your heart can ache.

Don't talk yourself into something or it just might come to pass. There are plenty of us who are living productive lives despite a diagnosis. I've had three children and raised them, held down a job, overcome a lot of spasticity issues and am looking forward to the rest of my days. I have never thought the way you do because no one was ever going to sympathize with me and I knew that as long as I could move about that the game wasn't over.
Prepare yourself for what might never happen. Don't plan for something to happen because I guarantee it will.

Regards,