SF1019

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

SF1019

Post by Brainteaser »

Does anyone know anything about SF1019? Apparently, Alan Osmond has used it for his MS, with success. It could be similar to Aimspro and does not have FDA approval. It may be a furphy but who knows?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

In a quick search it seemed obvious (at least to me) that the situation involves yet another attempt to use a well known name to bilk MS victims out of their excess cash.

Sadly the association between the Osmond name and religion, morals and family values is probably going to lure a lot of victims into sending their money.

The frosting on the cake is the link to Suzanne Osmond's site, who is selling another well known MS "cure", Xango juice.

Yes Virginia, even the Osmonds can be reduced to hucksterism when it comes down to the choice of living under a bridge or making the payments on the mansion.

Bob
gwa
Family Elder

same conclusion

Post by gwa »

Bob,

When I visited their site, I also came away with the same sentiments that you have espoused. It seemed more like a "make a donation" here place rather than a new drug place.

gwa
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: same conclusion

Post by Lyon »

gwa wrote:It seemed more like a "make a donation" here place rather than a new drug place.
gwa
Hi gwa,
You hit the nail on the head. I'd have more respect for them if they would just admit that their careers had flatlined and could we please send a donation.

I'd send a buck and probably another couple million people would........come to think of it, I'm having a little trouble making mansion payments!:twisted:
Bob
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

This is some of what is on the Osmond website:

"A Group from California working in close association with myself and the One Heart Foundation is very close to releasing a worldwide announcement concerning a new product known as SF1019 that I, Alan Osmond, have been using for some time. I have not experienced any negative side effects from this new treatment and have found it to be very effective in its ability to improve my quality of life and in the relief of my MS symptoms. It is NOT a chemically based drug and has been developed from a group of low molecular weight proteins which naturally help an impaired human immune system to function more effectively. My health and abilities to undertake physical activity have been blessed tremendously since I started using this product! Although SF1019 is not yet available within the United States, applications for clinical trials both here and in Europe are well advanced."

It sounds suspiciously vague.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Brainteaser wrote: It sounds suspiciously vague.
Hi Phil,
I agree. Basically they could make the same claims about one a day vitamins and probably not be making any illegal claims. Immoral but not illegal.
Bob
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

has anyone emailed? got a response from the email address supplied on the site?
jon

Post by jon »

Hi, I have done some research on SF1019 for a relative and I believe that it is plainly a scam of some sorts. If you visit the Daval International web site there is a link in the news section to a law suit brought by Daval against The Argyll Group. This is the group Osmond is involved with and is made up of ex Directors and ex scientific people from Daval. Not so long ago Osmond was singing the praises of Daval's drug, now he is saying the same things about SF1019. I think he is just in it for the money and have advised my relative to stay clear of this group. I have tried to gain more infomation from the SF1019 website but have drawn a blank. Osmond is now saying (Osmondms.com) the serum is registered as a Public company (IMMUNOSYN) and will be listed on NASDAQ within the next 30-45 days. This just sounds like a money making exercise to me I am afraid.

Jon.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

there has been some discussion on this item with links, at:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-3208.html
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

Googling this has been some fun ! :lol: And, without being too much of a cynic, how murky medicine can be!

So here's what I did. I Googled "SF1019" and followed a likely link
SF1019 INFORMATION IMMUNE CELL POTENTIATING FACTOR. VACCINE. IRF which stands for Innate Immune Regulatory Factor is a ...
neostemcellss.com/sf1019.aspx
Which no longer exists! So I looked up the cached version :wink: And here I found the site with SF1019 in a side menu but no mention of it in the text!! The site did promise me a revolutionary new cure for, well just about everything I have or might have, or indeed anyone else might have 8O This cure it seems has been "tested" without any side-effect or reaction on 700 Mexicans. It is promoted by a Frank Morales M.D.http://www.cancercontrolsociety.com/bio ... rales.html. Now "Dr" Morales doesnt seem to have published much not even the trial results of his Mexicans! (He does seem to like hyperbaric oxygen, which I tried btw with no beneficial effect.) "Dr" Morales's qualification is from the Grace University School of Medicine, Britsh West Indies.

So I googled that institute. It went bust two years ago!
PRESS OFFICE GOVERNMENT OF BELIZE Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
Belmopan - 21 December, 2004.

The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Government of Belize and Grace School of Medicine, made on the 4th day of December, 2000 has been terminated by the Government of Belize.

This termination took effect on 17th December, 2004. With effect from the said date, the School no longer exists in Belize. All parties concerned are advised to take notice of this release.
The "School" and its owner didnt seem to have much of a reputation either!
Sarah lives in Florida. Her father Dr louden opened this fake university. He is dead. They often take students from other carribean schools and get them clinicals sometimes. Please change careers. Don't waste any more time and money on this school.
Well I couldn't stop there could I 8)

How about this statement from Sarah Louden in Dec 2005
The Central College of Medicine, a private organization, has independently taken the Gower Street London Campus, most of the program, and the faculty from the remains of the Grace set-up and hope to be chartered and listed from Senegal, Africa within the next month.
Sounds great, except perhaps for the suspect Senegal connection. But if you know London you'll know that Gower St is a major street right in the heart of the University district, virtually all of the buildings belong to one London University college or another. It is extremely unlikely that a private firm could get anything more than a small serviced office down there! Definitely not a campus!!

Following on I went to http://www.grace-usom.org/ Not very encouraging. The site offers me Airline Tickets and Accounting Software but a useless link called "Medical School". Time to stop.

So what have we learnt about SF1019 - not much apart from the fact it has some dodgy friends :)
John
I am what I am
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Thanks for the interesting detective work John!
Bob
adjanimals
Family Member

Post by adjanimals »

As usual, all talk. Just like all the other crap they say will help MS. Lets see some action. The hell with the rats and mice. Start more human trials and not with just a few people and RR types of MS. Lets max out and hit on everyone. If Osmond is doing so good on it, then get on Oprah or some other TV program and prove it. Otherwise shut the hell up.
ADJ

Sounds like I'm a little P O'd dosen't it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

adjanimals wrote:As usual, all talk. Just like all the other crap they say will help MS. Lets see some action.
I don't blame you for being PO'd but there are some hopeful things in clinical trials being tested on humans and not all of them are restricted to RR.

dignan's "summary of the pipeline" is a great help in that regard and is a good way to find out which things you want to investigate further by other means.
Bob
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

not worthy of the time

Post by notasperfectasyou »

this is ridiculous. When Montel interviews Osmond, then I'll give this topic some time. Ambrotose is much more interesting - anyone using ambrotose by the way? I'm open to new thoughts on it. napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

SF1019

Post by Brainteaser »

napay,
Why don't you start a new thread on glyconutrients - the topic sounds interesting. And leave this one for any further word on SF1019. Personally, I think it is important that we know all about everything out there (both good and bad).
Regards,
Phil.

Return to “General Discussion”