The Best Foods For Mitochondrial Health

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ElliotB
Family Elder

The Best Foods For Mitochondrial Health

Post by ElliotB »

Here is a link to a very well written and comprehensive article about Mitochondrial Health that you may find interesting:

http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/the-best-fo ... al-health/

It highlights many aspects of Mitochondrial Health including intermittent fasting. In recent months, I have read numerous reports about intermittent fasting and one of my doctors recommended I try it. I am now considering adding short term regular intermittent fasting. It actually makes a lot of sense to me to do so (fasting for short periods of time).
Petr75
Family Elder

Re: The Best Foods For Mitochondrial Health

Post by Petr75 »

5+2
I remember.
https://www.eboro.cz
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting indeed! Strongly supports what I am about to start doing intentionally with my diet on a regular basis.

If you think about it, our ancestors (long ago) would have likely gone through numerous periods of time of not having food. Yet they obviously survived.

Although I have been opposed to the idea of fasting in the past, I have since changed my mind. I have been skipping meals on occasion because of my diet as I am rarely hungry and fasting will actually be easy and a bit of a relief to the times when food and the thought of eating is a turnoff to me (happens at least once, if not twice a week).
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Dr. Michael Mosley

Michael Mosley discusses how fasting can reduce levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) and thereby reduce the risks of various diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.