From wheelchair to walking?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
labilios
Getting to Know You...

Re: From wheelchair to walking?

Post by labilios »

jimmylegs wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:16 am
labilios wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:04 am Hello and thank you very much for so many advices. :smile:
some questions:
- when you push iron up via a supplement, zinc will come down and vice versa. if you get some of each eg every other day
Do you mean egg?
no problem, and mea culpa, i meant exempli gratia ;) if taken daily you could separate zinc and iron tablets one morning and the other evening, or if less were needed you could take iron one day, zinc the next etc.
I follow OMS diet (Jelinek diet ) and I don't eat meat.Do you think low iron and ferritin caused by this? Ι believe molasses is great for iron (except meat)
yes. i was a strict vegan so ate no meat for about 15 years leading up to my diagnosis. i had low ferritin the whole time.
i had to work my way up to the food intakes that feel like restrictions to others. i found out how many different nutrient issues i had had slowly over time, after already diagnosed.

there are many things you can do to improve iron status eg ensure adequate zinc status, cook in cast iron, store an 'iron fish' with any flour, combine non-heme (veg) iron sources like spinach and kidney beans and/or molasses with healthy sources of vit c eg bell pepper.
i don't have an 'iron fish' but i do cook in cast iron regularly (about to cook breakfast in it, cooked dinner in it last night), and i am working through a batch of homemade tomato-based soup right now, which contains kidney beans for (non-heme) iron and bell pepper for vit C among other things.
i am not familiar with the fine details of oms but if clams are okay, those are rich in iron. a weekly bowl of clam chowder could be useful (i myself am way too picky when it comes to seafood).
I stopped taking high doses of vit d in april.since then I took 10000 iu D3 and I stopped taking D3 completely on 3 january 2019.how can I remove D3 from my body?I don't drink enough water the last few months.
10K is still a high dose. a late member of this forum maintained 10K daily d3 for a long time and even with daily magnesium intake his serum magnesium level remained deficient which implies he was in terrible shape re magnesium status in tissue. he suffered extreme spasticity (consistent with his lab-documented magnesium deficiency) and ultimately he ended his own life.
the d3 will come down with time. it hasn't been that long since you stopped high dosing with 10K per day. if you can, set up your environment to support regular water consumption through the day (not forgetting multimineral intake to go with).
-yours ref.range of 25-oh d have more details than mine
the range info above is augmented with different research sources. my local lab's reference info on a lab report is much more basic. eg they are happy with anything from 75-250 nmol/l.
I started taking magnesium supplement after the blood exams.I hope mg will increase slowly
keep it up :)
I take ever day 1000 μg b12,I think 20 days-1 month now
probably a bit much, especially considering daily needs are negligible by comparison. a multivit/min product would probably be fine. at the moment, i personally take 2/3 of a regular 3-a-day multi vit/min and 1/3 of a 3-a-day b complex. i definitely used to take a lot more, but i had also been severely deficient. the single time i ran a test after a proper washout period using no supplements, the lab assay was not sensitive enough to detect any b12 in my system at all.
the high urea number, prompts me to ask if you have ever had serum ammonia or serum uric acid tested.
serum uric acid from last week:
4 (ref.range 2.4-6 mg/dl)
urea,serum 52 (10-50)
oh i remember seeing that uric acid number now, sorry (or maybe someone else had a similar result recently??). either way, i didn't bother to do the conversion at the time. 4 converts to 238 umol/l, which is consistent with ms patients in remission. healthy controls' uric acid levels sit around 290-300 umol/l aka 4.9 - 5 mg/dl.

if your system is functioning at all like mine was, correcting low zinc might boost serum uric acid and reduce elevated urea (and presumably elevated ammonia too). careful food choices and combinations are key to retaining zinc, especially if animal sources are not part of the picture. i personally can't get it right without a supplement. i just can't stomach oysters, and there are the pcbs to consider in those as well.
Also HbA1C: 4.8 (4.8-5.9 %)
glycose : 71 (70-110 mg/dl)
i don't know if it helps
not right at the moment
do you believe if zinc,copper,ferritin etc will fixed, ms worsening could be reversed a little? Do you believe high doses of vit d3 and less nutrients damaged my body?can i reverse that?
sorry for my english
i can't be sure what will happen in your case but in my own, for sure when i identify nutrient issues and work to correct any problems, things improve. when i do supplements wrong, i make things worse. eg vitamin d3 at 4000IU/d made my magnesium status so bad i literally thought i was going to die.
re the reversal question, it depends. in my case i let some things go on for too long and ended up with some permanent damage. in other shorter term situations, my body was forgiving and i was able to turn things around. do what you can, and hope for the best.

no apologies for english! what is your first language? i'll try yours and you can have a laugh ;)

Hello
My first language is Greek.
I am thinking to change OMS diet to paleo or swank diet,as to take daily essential macro and micro nutrient requirements.I hope the damage is reversable.What is your opinion for both of them?
I want to take zinc supplement,but i've read 've just learned that taking zinc supplement in high dose (25-50mg) in long term (over 2 months) without supplementing with copper may cause copper deficiency which may lead to anemia and neurological disorder.Zinc Picolinate seems to be better absorbed than Zinc Citrate and Zinc Gluconate. so,I think to take that: https://gr.iherb.com/pr/Solgar-Zinc-Pic ... lets/10035
As for iron,I think to take molasses and start eating meat.
Because of these exams
HbA1C: 4.8 (4.8-5.9 %)
glycose : 71 (70-110 mg/dl)
I must start eating sweets or honey.
generally,now I follow meditteranean diet without meat,dairy,so I will follow the same diet with some meat.I am so confused.I just want to be independant.could you help me?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ack i can sound out words in the greek alphabet, but i don't know what they mean :S
good thing there's google translate lol :D

δεν μου αρέσουν οι δίαιτες
i am not a fan of diets.

άνθρωποι κάνουν λάθη
they can be poorly interpreted by individuals.

είναι ασφαλές να πάρτε μέχρι 40 mg ψευδαργύρου ανά μέρα επ 'αόριστον
the upper limit for zinc from supplements over the long term is 40mg/d.

παίρνω μεταξύ 30mg και 50mg ψευδαργύρου, 5 ημέρες την εβδομάδα - η πολυβιταμίνη μου περιέχει λίγο περισσότερο
i take between 30mg and 50 mg of zinc, 5 days per week - plus a little more from my multivitamin/mineral.

ok switching back to english now, you're a champ. it's been a long time since i operated in a different alphabet. i was in a conversational russian class long ago, and almost the only thing i remember is откройте свои книги

supplement advice is better when tailored to the individual's needs.
your serum zinc level is too low, and your serum copper level is too high.
if you add more zinc and your copper level drops, that will be a positive step for you right now.

zinc picolinate is a good choice.

re adding meat - mediterranean diet done right, is certainly a good one.

have you seen this article's details, in table 1 on p 9141 ?
https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/7/11/5459/pdf

i was surprised to see the 60g (2oz) serving size for meat. in our local (canadian) food guide they've just dropped the serving size for meat *down* to 75g (2.5oz).
i would be interested to learn what this food guide tool comes up with for you, then compare to the table 1 med diet guidelines: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/eatin ... p1-eng.php

also speaking of independence, please note that in some cases my improvements were not purely from diet, but from exercise. when i last got sick (after 3 yrs of nutritional laziness), i ended up with some brain damage which affected my eye control. i was not allowed to drive. my doctors had no other input. alone, i had to track down a rehab protocol for tramautic brain injury victims, and it took me a solid month of eye exercises to qualify for driving again. if i did not have a very determined personality type, plus academic access to research, i might still be needing to get rides everywhere :S
are you able to work physically on any of the limitations that currently confine you to a wheelchair?

in general we can hope making some changes will help you but recall, i do have some permanent neurological damage. truly there are no guarantees. i hope you have the right team of people around you in 'real life' to help you take all the most positive steps that you can :D
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
labilios
Getting to Know You...

Post by labilios »

jimmylegs wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:36 pm ack i can sound out words in the greek alphabet, but i don't know what they mean :S
good thing there's google translate lol :D

δεν μου αρέσουν οι δίαιτες
i am not a fan of diets.

άνθρωποι κάνουν λάθη
they can be poorly interpreted by individuals.

είναι ασφαλές να πάρτε μέχρι 40 mg ψευδαργύρου ανά μέρα επ 'αόριστον
the upper limit for zinc from supplements over the long term is 40mg/d.

παίρνω μεταξύ 30mg και 50mg ψευδαργύρου, 5 ημέρες την εβδομάδα - η πολυβιταμίνη μου περιέχει λίγο περισσότερο
i take between 30mg and 50 mg of zinc, 5 days per week - plus a little more from my multivitamin/mineral.

ok switching back to english now, you're a champ. it's been a long time since i operated in a different alphabet. i was in a conversational russian class long ago, and almost the only thing i remember is откройте свои книги

supplement advice is better when tailored to the individual's needs.
your serum zinc level is too low, and your serum copper level is too high.
if you add more zinc and your copper level drops, that will be a positive step for you right now.

zinc picolinate is a good choice.

re adding meat - mediterranean diet done right, is certainly a good one.

i was surprised to see the 60g (2oz) serving size for meat. in our local (canadian) food guide they've just dropped the serving size for meat *down* to 75g (2.5oz).
i would be interested to learn what this food guide tool comes up with for you, then compare to the table 1 med diet guidelines: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/eatin ... p1-eng.php

also speaking of independence, please note that in some cases my improvements were not purely from diet, but from exercise. when i last got sick (after 3 yrs of nutritional laziness), i ended up with some brain damage which affected my eye control. i was not allowed to drive. my doctors had no other input. alone, i had to track down a rehab protocol for tramautic brain injury victims, and it took me a solid month of eye exercises to qualify for driving again. if i did not have a very determined personality type, plus academic access to research, i might still be needing to get rides everywhere :S
are you able to work physically on any of the limitations that currently confine you to a wheelchair?

in general we can hope making some changes will help you but recall, i do have some permanent neurological damage. truly there are no guarantees. i hope you have the right team of people around you in 'real life' to help you take all the most positive steps that you can :D

Hello
google translator helps people communicate,although I rarely use it.
I started taking zinc picolinate 30 mg plus multivitamin.Also,I started eating meat.I hope both will help me.

My diet is between mediterranean diet foundation and greek dietary guidelines

I am working physically every day on my own,from the moment I wake up,but fatigue frequently stopping me and I can't walk.also I am doing physiotherapy twice/week.

do you know anything about q10 ubiquinol?I read some posts,in the forum,where there were some people with ms taking 300-400 more or less ubiquinol q10 helped them very much
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

good news re supplement and multivitamin changes, plus the addition of some meat.
can you post details re timings and/or combinations of all supplements and meds taken at this point?

glad to hear your diet seems to be right in the 'sweet spot' and that you are working alone and with the PT on physical elements. what would you say is the primary functional barrier to walking at present? for me when my temperature is up too high, i lose coordination and it becomes more difficult to place my steps and maintain balance. the better shape i get into, the more i can handle.

re coQ10 i consider it non-essential but there's nothing wrong with trying it. i personally prefer to boost nutrient inputs to support endogenous coQ10 biosynthesis. as for dietary sources, coQ10 is naturally highest in organ meats like kidney and liver, or heart (i tried to do heart - i really tried.. but once was enough for me). one of the only processed meats i consume is sausage made by a local farming family. their 'hunter's' sausage recipe includes liver.

i'll look forward to hearing back about your updated regimen details!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

CoQ10 is an important supplement for heart health and according to Dr. Google women with MS have a significantly increased risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart attack, stroke, and heart failure and in general those of us with Multiple sclerosis can have affects to our cardiovascular function in a variety of ways leading to abnormalities in blood pressure response, heart rate, heart rhythm, left ventricular systolic function, and may cause pulmonary edema or cardiomyopathy.

I believe my heart was affected by my MS (I now have a pacemaker to correct a minor heart issue) but of course I have no way of knowing if MS was the root cause or if I had been taking CoQ10 if it would have made a difference.

But CoQ10 IMHO should be considered by anyone with MS for heart health, especially if there is a history of heart problems in the family history or if statins are being taken.

CoQ10/ubiquinol (advanced form of CoQ10) is available from some non-meat sources. But supplement form is the easiest. Also keep in mind that there are numerous forms of CoQ10 and Ubiquinol, and specifically Kaneka Ubiquinol may be the best of them.

Ubiquinol is found in every cell of the body, including the heart and brain. The Ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is essential in the production of cellular energy and protection against oxidative stress. Your heart, lungs and other energy demanding organs require Ubiquinol to function at optimal levels.

Apparently Coenzyme Q10 is the “spark” that fuels energy production inside every single cell—including your heart, which is the biggest energy user in your body.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

related

Coenzyme Q – Biosynthesis and functions (2010)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1X10003815
A number of genetic mutations that reduce CoQ biosynthesis are associated with serious functional disturbances that can be eliminated by dietary administration of this lipid... Since dietary uptake of this lipid is limited, up-regulation of its biosynthetic pathway is of considerable clinical interest

Genetic bases and clinical manifestations of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) deficiency (2015)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 014-9749-9
Its biosynthesis is still incompletely characterized and requires at least 15 genes. Mutations in eight of them (PDSS1, PDSS2, COQ2, COQ4, COQ6, ADCK3, ADCK4, and COQ9) cause primary CoQ10 deficiency

Coenzyme Q biosynthesis in health and disease (2016)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2816300846
Its biosynthesis requires a set of at least 12 proteins encoded by COQ genes... Mutations in COQ genes cause primary CoQ10 deficiency.

Biochemistry of Mitochondrial Coenzyme Q Biosynthesis (2017)
https://europepmc.org/articles/pmc5731490
The biosynthetic complex that produces CoQ is termed “complex Q” ... Complex Q is thought to contain proteins required for the terminal stage of CoQ biosynthesis (COQ3–COQ9), lipids (phospholipids and isoprenoid lipids), small molecule co-factors, and metal ions. However, a complete catalogue of the proteins, lipids, and metabolites that comprise complex Q remains to be determined.

i will be interested to learn which metal ions are involved, and which if any might influence coq genetic expression/mutation

Heterogeneity of Coenzyme Q10 Deficiency (2012)
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/1151844
Genetics
Primary CoQ10 deficiency is due to mutations in genes involved in CoQ10 biosynthesis (Figure). Secondary deficiencies include diseases caused by mutations in genes unrelated to ubiquinone biosynthesis, for example, the aprataxin (APTX) gene causing ataxia and oculomotor apraxia,20,26,27,29 the electron-transferring-flavoprotein dehydrogenase gene (ETFDH) causing isolated myopathy,7 and the BRAF gene causing cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome.35 Moreover, CoQ10 deficiency has been reported in association with mitochondrial DNA mutations.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

also

Coenzyme Q10 and Statin-Induced Mitochondrial Dysfunction (2010)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3096178/

The statin medications routinely result in lower coenzyme Q10 levels in the serum

this shouldn't make me laugh, but does:

Are your medications causing nutrient deficiency? (2016)
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... deficiency
labilios
Getting to Know You...

Post by labilios »

Hello.Thank you very much for the links.I read them, I didn't understand all of the articles,maybe I will try taking q10 (kaneka ubiquinol). there is a history of heart problems in my family history.But I hope q10 will help me with ms too.
About my supplements and meds I take:
morning
1 ultra source of life nature's plus (https://www.vitacost.com/natures-plus-u ... 80-tablets?)
1 magnesium nature's plus (https://gr.iherb.com/pr/Nature-s-Plus-D ... blets/7626)
kelp now foods (I started with 1 capsule, increasing 1 capsule every 5 days until I reach 10 capsules)now I take 7 capsules.https://gr.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Kelp- ... ules/15892
1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil
1/2 baclofen 10 mg
noon
1 ultra source of life nature's plus
1 zinc
night
1 ultra source of life nature's plus
1 magnesium dr.best (https://gr.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Best-H ... Tablets/15)
1/2 baclofen 10 mg
Also, I was taking 1 pure fish oil lamberts 3/day until they finished
Also,I was taking for a while, cbd oil without thc

The primary functional barrier to walking I think is muscular weakness (I can't move my legs),exhaustion and high temperature
I can stand with support in parrarel bars
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ok more good info. i have not done much reading re ppms. have you been over this one?
  • Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: Putting Together the Puzzle (2017)
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5449443/

"Abstract
    The focus of multiple sclerosis research has recently turned to the relatively rare and clearly more challenging condition of primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS). Many risk factors such as genetic susceptibility, age, and Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) infection may interdepend on various levels, causing a complex pathophysiological cascade. Variable pathological mechanisms drive disease progression, including inflammation-associated axonal loss, continuous activation of central nervous system resident cells, such as astrocytes and microglia as well as mitochondrial dysfunction and iron accumulation. Histological studies revealed diffuse infiltration of the gray and white matter as well as of the meninges with inflammatory cells such as B-, T-, natural killer, and plasma cells. While numerous anti-inflammatory agents effective in relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis basically failed in treatment of PPMS, the B-cell-depleting monoclonal antibody ocrelizumab recently broke the dogma that PPMS cannot be treated by an anti-inflammatory approach by demonstrating efficacy in a phase 3 PPMS trial. Other treatments aiming at enhancing remyelination (MD1003) as well as EBV-directed treatment strategies may be promising agents on the horizon. In this article, we aim to summarize new advances in the understanding of risk factors, pathophysiology, and treatment of PPMS. Moreover, we introduce a novel concept to understand the nature of the disease and possible treatment strategies in the near future."
i note in passing the mention of b-cells, and that some of the recent pharma successes work on the b-cell front, as does vitamin d3, apparently (not that low d3 is a concern in your case!!)

beyond vitamin d3, there are plenty of dietary possibilities to consider in the anti-inflammatory department - although you are more than likely most if not all of the way there via diet, one can hope.

as for remyelation and md1003 that would be biotin if i'm not mistaken, using far more potent forms than dietary sources. still, both diet and current supplements could be reviewed for their estimated total biotin contributions.

regarding ebv-directed approaches, i'd have to go back and see if we've covered that in any of your results posted earlier, but i have had success (with an extended family member) at clearing up chronic ebv via nutritional means.

as i mention above i am less than familiar with ppms, and i have never experienced being completely unable to move my legs. please excuse the following questions..:
are you not able to move your legs *at all*, without some other physical assist such as manually lifting them up?
can you for example cross your ankles while sitting?
are you able to flex any of your leg muscles?
i can only relate tangentially, having at one time had issues getting one leg moving again after knee reconstruction.
what might one example be, of something you work on in physio? how specifically do you get from seated to standing at the parallel bars?

apologies for so many questions - i am hoping to understand your personal situation a little better, in case the answers trigger any ideas :)

lastly, the regimen looks reasonably dosed and timed. from what i can see so far, there's only a hint of a question related to timing of baclofen in relation to protein intakes.

at some point soon it may well be worth taking a closer look at your personal daily interpretation of OMS/med diet (now with added meat)
labilios
Getting to Know You...

Post by labilios »

Hello.
I read the article.I examined for epstein barr and cmv
The results :
Epstein barr IgG:88.9 (< 20 U/ML negative)
cmv IgG :504.1 (<1.0 iu/ml negative)
IgM both of the varuses are negative.As you see I was infected by both of the varuses some time.
My history family is not good.I have two cousins with ms.
I was taking biotin for a while( maybe few months)but I had too much spasticity and I stopped.
Could you tell me about the success you had with your family member at clearing up chronic ebv via nutritional means?
About your questions:
are you not able to move your legs *at all*, without some other physical assist such as manually lifting them up?
No,I can't move my legs at all
-can you for example cross your ankles while sitting?
No,I can't
-are you able to flex any of your leg muscles?
almost none
- how specifically do you get from seated to standing at the parallel bars?
my knees touched a steady for example pillow as support and with my two hands touching parallel bars I get up.I can stand for 10-15 minutes
I haven't tell you my weight and height.My height is 162 centimetres ( 5 feet 3.77 inches)
and my weight is 45 kg more or less (99 pounds)
Maybe my nerves are dead
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi i will have to revisit the article details and get up to speed on your findings related to ebv

as for the family member who had had chronic ebv, at the time this person was mid-twenties. parental care was untrained in the nutrition department, and instead had this eldest child on track for long term disability support via the public health care system. i traveled to advocate in person for the right bloodwork and introduce regular intakes of nutrient dense foods and as-needed supplements, with an emphasis on antiviral nutrients in particular. follow up tests for both ebv viral load and for allergic responses were negative. fast forward a few years and this person is gainfully employed full time and raising a family, in spite of an interim dx of covert spina bifida (vivid links to maternal malnutrition).

ok so underweight then? have your docs asked you to work on that, and have you had any past successes or specific challenges?
i understand you are following the med diet/greek food guide but could we look at some details via a diet diary?

http://www.ucdenver.edu/research/CCTSI/ ... ryForm.pdf

i have some dead nerves for sure but in my case the problems are mostly sensory, less so motor.
labilios
Getting to Know You...

Post by labilios »

Hello
Yes I am underweight,now I am better.When I took high doses of Vit D3 I was more lightweight in pounds,,maybe because i was drinking 2.5 litres of water per day.
No,except my family and my physiotherapist,nobody told anything about my weight
I read the food diary ,but I can't write on it.So I will write a food diary here.

Day 1
Breakfast
3 tablespoons oats
1 tablespoom black raisins
1 tablespoon walnuts
1/2 - 3/4 glass of almond milk
Meal
1 piece spinach pie
4 olives
1/2 tomato
Evening
1 apple
dinner
1 piece spinach pie
4 olives
1/2 slice of multigrain bread
1/2 cup of Boiled Leafy Green Salad

Day 2
3 tablespoons oats
1 tablespoon walnuts
Meal
2 cups of spaghetti whole grain
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
5 olives
1/2 tomato
Evening
2 tangerins
Dinner
5 olives
1/2 tomato

Day 3
Breakfast
4 egg whites in pan
1/2 glass of fruit juice
Meal
5 olives
1/2 tomato
Evening
1 apple
Dinner
4 egg whites in pan
4 olives

Day 4
Breakfast
3 tablespoons oats
1 tablespoon walnuts
meal
1 big fish fillet
4 olives
evening
1 tangerine
Dinner
1 big fish fillet
4 olives
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

tons of good info; we can go through it bit by bit. not right this second, though :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

inflammation review

Day 1

Breakfast

3 tablespoons oats: in what form? dry before cooking? quick oats? steel cut? flavoured?
1 tablespoon black raisins: 1/4c = -136
1 tablespoon walnuts: 1/4c = -35
1/2 - 3/4 glass of almond milk: est amount in ml or fl oz? unsweetened? vanilla? other?

Meal
1 piece spinach pie
making assumptions here, based on ingredients i use (amounts are as-is from the db):
  • Onions, cooked: 1/2 cup = +187
    Spinach, cooked: 1/2 cup = +226
    Dill, fresh: 1 Tbsp = +1
    Parsley, fresh: 1 Tbsp = +20
    Cheese, feta, crumbled: 1 ounce = -17
    Egg, whole: 2 ounces = -62
    Phyllo dough: 1 ounce = -53
Olives, black: 1 Tbsp = +5
Tomato, raw: 1/2 cup = +10

i have to get to work now, but if you convert the above to match scores to your actual intake amounts, the goal is to hit +200 per day on balance from mixed healthy food sources. (if you were perfectly healthy, +50 would be okay). NB negative scoring healthy foods are not to be avoided, just balanced.

interim daily subtotal (includes no conversions for actual amounts used, also involves guesswork re oats and almond milk) = -91

will be back later to do the bread and the salad.
in the meantime, more detail re boiled leafy green salad please :)
labilios
Getting to Know You...

Post by labilios »

Hello
I will try to answer to your questions
Breakfast
-3 tablespoons oats: in what form? dry before cooking? quick oats? steel cut? flavoured?
oats are dry before cooking,unflavoured,quick oats or some oats i can find in market

-1/2 - 3/4 glass of almond milk: est amount in ml or fl oz? unsweetened? vanilla? other?
Amount in ml:nearly 200 ml almond milk,always unsweetened

-1 piece spinach pie
ingredients
fresh onions,spinach,leek,dill.olive oil.phyllo dough.
No eggs,no feta cheese( i don't eat dairy)

- more detail re boiled leafy green salad
Sow thistle (Sonchus oleraceus). Zohos to the Greeks. the leaves of this green are eaten mainly boiled in salads

Where can i find the foods and intake amounts for scoring?