Neck/Back Pain

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
TaylorDuke

Neck/Back Pain

Post by TaylorDuke »

Hey all,

Recently diagnosed RRMS

Wondering if you guys experience a pain that resembles a pinched nerve related to MS? It started about a month ago. It used to only hurt my neck when I looked to the left but now it’s a more constant pain and has moved down my back as well. It also hurts when I take a deep breath.

Thanks!

Taylor
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Neck/Back Pain

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

You can get a lot of pains like that. They can pop up anywhere.

The best way I have found to deal with it is to regularly have tight muscles massaged and do a lot of eccentric muscle movement. That is the type of movement you get from Pilates exercises. I would be in trouble if I didn't get massaged weekly and do three Pilates classes per week. Christmas was a real issue because everyone shut down for three weeks (as it's high summer here) and I just got tighter. With that came soreness.
Some people prefer to pop a pill but that doesn't deal with the underlying issue.

Regards,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i had neck pain for years. then a few yrs ago when i had to go to the physiotherapist for an injury, he also took on the neck pain. he worked on my mid back, loosening up vertebra that weren't moving the way they should. he also gave me some exercises, sort of like neck situps for lack of a better term, to help strengthen neck muscles.
the neck pain went away never to return. the last time i even had a vague hint was a few yrs ago after a very long drive. the car seat promotes the wrong posture, but paying attention to it and holding back and head properly keeps things from going wrong again.
semi related, twice i've had bad hip pain, and physio work plus some related home exercises sorted alignment problems at the root of those out as well.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

Hi,

I used to have this neck pain and tried a Nucca chiropractor. Treatment is painless. Don't think it was MS related tho. I had fallen a few years before and my core and neck had started to twist slightly.

Take care!