Daily routine

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Jaded
Family Elder

Daily routine

Post by Jaded »

Just back from the docs as I have had more issues with styes. After last time - when they were huge - I've been stressed about it - and been doing the hot cloth thing for the past few weeks.

But the GP said if I am prone I might need to do that forever.

Really? Honestly?

I have atopic dermatitis and I understand that makes me 'prone'. I've had that for years but it flares up in the colder months.

My daily 'MS' routine is getting longer and more expensive. The balance is going the wrong way. It's wearing me out. :sad:
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Daily routine

Post by ElliotB »

Styes are not fun but so many people have them, I know two people who have had them in the last couple of weeks.

I know they are a pain to deal with and applying hot compresses is not fun and very time consuming, but hopefully they will just stop at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Good luck!

(perhaps you will need to move to a warmer climate, at least for the winter months, for some relief)
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Thank you ElliotB. I was wondering about that this morning!

A month of hot compresses and still they are there - sigh. Shouldn't complain really. At least they aren't getting huge like last time.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Jaded wrote:A month of hot compresses and still they are there - sigh. Shouldn't complain really. At least they aren't getting huge like last time.
Here are a couple ideas.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/get-rid-of-stye#2
If the stye won't go away on its own or if you have trouble seeing, your doctor may give you an antibiotic cream or drain the stye after numbing the area around it.

If you get styes often, scrub your eyelids every couple of days with watered-down baby shampoo on a washcloth, or use an over-the-counter lid scrub.
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Thanks NHE

I've been using an over-the-counter antibiotic gel which clearly hasn't helped as it spread from one eye to the other. The GP prescribed me some fusidic acid eye drops so giving those a go. It's a different antibiotic so fingers crossed.

I did buy the baby shampoo but only after the stye started - I shall bear in mind and use on a regular basis.

They are not huge but may need removing at some stage unless by some miracle they just go away!

Return to “General Discussion”