Pain in Multiple Sclerosis

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Petr75
Family Elder

Pain in Multiple Sclerosis

Post by Petr75 »

Neurology Clinic, Kemalpaşa State Hospital, Kemalpaşa, İzmir, Turkey
Measurement of Pain in Multiple Sclerosis
PMC https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6278619/

Abstract
life is pain. It is important to determine the features and the measurement of pain. Common types of pain are described in multiple sclerosis. One-dimensional and multi-dimensional pain scales, which are also used in different painful diseases, are used in the measurement of these pain. Scoring and recording in one-dimensional pain scales are easy and a better measurement is achieved in acute pain. However, the disadvantage of these scales is that they do not give detailed information about the nature of the pain. Multidimensional pain scales are used in chronic and complex pain. Multidimensional scales have some disadvantage about application by patients because of complexity. The development of specific scales for the better measurement of pain in multiple sclerosis is important for the effective treatment of pain in patients.
https://www.eboro.cz
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Pain in Multiple Sclerosis

Post by ElliotB »

I have been dealing with nerve pain for over 5 years. I have finally found a couple of thing that I believe are helping me, traditional Chinese medicine (natural mushrooms - I take 4 types) and a natural supplement called Phenylethylamine HCL (PEA).

I started both several months ago and both my pain level and frequency of pain have dropped dramatically. While I cannot state with certainty that these supplements are the sole reason why, I suspect they are helping.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

My wife's pain dropped considerably when she started taking CBD oil and magnesium.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

tzootsi wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 am My wife's pain dropped considerably when she started taking CBD oil and magnesium.
What brand of CBD oil is she using?
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

tzootsi wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 am My wife's pain dropped considerably when she started taking CBD oil and magnesium.
I just realized that I was not feeling the pain behind my eye anymore.
I've been taking CBD oil for 10 months.
But I can't say for sure CBD is the reason for that.

However, this oil didn't stop my MS progression...
I feel much worse now, compared to 1 year ago.
NHE wrote:What brand of CBD oil is she using?
I buy mine from a company in Luxembourg. But the hemp is growing in Croatia.

If you want to try, I advice you to get suggestions from someone who knows well this topic & who lives in/close to your area.