Best Bet Diet from movie Living Proof

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Best Bet Diet from movie Living Proof

Post by ElliotB »

"And I agree about the gluten-free pizza being cardboard-like!"

There are many ways to make homemade gluten free pizza that can be delicious, nutritious and still gluten free! And fun to make (if you enjoy cooking)! Pepperoni made from grass fed meats and delicious cheeses (there are many varieties available) made from grass fed milk can also help make healthy pizza delicious and tasty! And of course most importantly healthy. You can of course be creative and add your favorite non-gluten toppings.

Being gluten free is a smart choice and presents some limitations but many can be overcome with reasonable gluten free substitutes. For example, I enjoy healthy no-guilt grass fed cheeseburgers (cheese made from grass fed milk if course) on a regular basis. I also add fermented high probiotic condiments such as pickles (real fermented pickles without vinegar) and sauerkraut (real fermented sauerkraut without vinegar and non-pasteurized) As for french fries, a healthy option is available believe it or not! I don't eat potatoes but potatoes can be pan fried (and possibly deep fried) in ghee butter (I use ghee butter only made from grass fed milk, of course). Occasionally for a treat I have made cassava this way (cassava is a root plant, healthy, very nutritious and very similar to potatoes in both texture and taste).
Last edited by ElliotB on Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Best Bet Diet from movie Living Proof

Post by NHE »

I have recently watched the Living Proof documentary. I think it's a must see movie for anyone with MS. If you have Amazon Prime, then you can watch it for no extra charge.