My spine

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
1eye
Family Elder

My spine

Post by 1eye »

I have been for an MRI of my spine. I suspect it is just a case of path-of-least-resistance, but the following was said in an exchange with my family doctor:

On your MRI there are multiple mild disc protrusions in your thoracic spine that indent the anterior (front part) of the spinal cord). It is difficult to say if this is clinically significant because your nervous system is already damaged by MS. I don't think it is likely that there is a surgical solution for this problem though.

If you had a patient with multiple mild disc protrusions in the thoracic spine that indented the anterior (front part) of the spinal cord), and there was no MS involvement, would you or a thoracic surgeon be able to do anything? Don't you try to stay away from them spinal nerves anyway? Did the MRI reveal any MS lesions in the concerned area?

I think this was due to some trauma, perhaps my chest getting compressed between bathtub and toilet. I suspect there are spinal or rib bone injuries that impinge on these nerves when I am using my legs, and simultaneously bending or twisting my spine.

Because I have been successfully treating my MS, with Biotin, I suspect MS lesions are not involved.

It might be useful to compare these MRIs with those taken years ago in Kingston. There were a lot taken, I believe some were of my spine, and a large amount of gadolinium was used.

****************************************************************************************************************
If anyone cares, I think not enough attention in general has been paid to spinal involvement in MS.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “General Discussion”