has anyone heard of Digestacure ??

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Youarethecure
Family Elder

has anyone heard of Digestacure ??

Post by Youarethecure »

I recently was told about a product called digestacure and was hoping someone has heard of this product. Maybe even someone here has tried it. I searched this site and cant find anything on it. Seems interesting to say the least.

thanks for any info,

Chris
zen2010
Family Elder

Re: has anyone heard of Digestacure ??

Post by zen2010 »

Youarethecure wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:05 pm I recently was told about a product called digestacure and was hoping someone has heard of this product. Maybe even someone here has tried it. I searched this site and cant find anything on it. Seems interesting to say the least.

thanks for any info,

Chris
https://cfsremission.com/2017/06/30/a-r ... oimmune-x/
FDA WARNING LETTER
Jan 21, 2015 states “Your product is not generally recognized as safe and effective for the above referenced uses and, therefore, this product is a “new drug” under section 201(p) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(p)]. New drugs may not be legally introduced or delivered for introduction into interstate commerce without prior approval from the FDA, as described in section 505(a) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 355(a)]; see also section 301(d) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 331(d)]. FDA approves a new drug on the basis of scientific data submitted by a drug sponsor to demonstrate that the drug is safe and effective. ”
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Youarethecure wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:05 pm I recently was told about a product called digestacure and was hoping someone has heard of this product. Maybe even someone here has tried it. I searched this site and cant find anything on it. Seems interesting to say the least.

thanks for any info,

Chris
From the Digestacure website...
What is an Immune Modulator, and what is a Dalton?

An immune modulator is a natural, plant-derived microscopic structure designed by nature for the support and restoration of the immune systems in mammals. For the last 70 years, through procedures designed for profits, the food industry has unintentionally yet progressively depleted the immune modulating components from the food supply. This depletion is directly correlated to the rise of autoimmune conditions.

A “Dalton” is a unit of molecular weight dictating chain length of the microscopic structure. The scientific community has defined structures of One Million Dalton and higher as “Immune Modulators” or “Healing Orchestrator's.” DigestaCure® AUTOIMMUNE-X® contains long-chain immune modulators ranging from 1 million Dalton to over 10 million Dalton.
The first claim sounds nice, but it's unspecific gobbledygook. Really? Which plant derived microscopic structure? Why not just eat more veggies?

The second claim is nonsense. Just because something is of high molecular weight does not automatically classify it as as an immune modulator. Cellulose polymers are high molecular weight. They're also found in all plants. Does that mean all plants are immune modulators? </rhetorical question>
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Looks like a MLM type of operation possibly.

In any case, this product has been out long enough that if it really, really worked, we would all know about it. So it probably doesn't. Who knows...

But it could be worth a try for some depending on their circumstances. BUT given the above info, it should likely be avoided (IMHO) at this time until more detailed info is available showing positive results. The online reviews on Amazon and elsewhere are not scientific or conclusive of anything. I take a lot of nutritional supplements (a lot) but will not be adding this one. An
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

At $169 for a 270 count bottle, they want want you to take at least 9 capsules/day so that's just 30 days. That's an expensive, unproven supplement regimen with unproven vague medical claims which are likely in violation of FDA regulations. Besides, aloe vera extract is fairly inexpensive from supplement suppliers, e.g., https://www.vitacost.com/now-foods-aloe ... 0-softgels.