Medication

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
friidgehot

Medication

Post by friidgehot »

Hello everyone I have an upcoming neurologist appointment this afternoon. I am very nervous. I had an MRI last week and in less than a week they have booked me in for an appointment and my neurologist told me that I have a bunch of new lesions on my brain and some are active. She is recommending that I increase my medication to something much stronger. I am wondering If there is any buddy That does not take medication and does not believe in medication? If anybody could respond to me I would really appreciate it.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Medication

Post by ElliotB »

"She is recommending that I increase my medication to something much stronger."

Which medication are you currently takings?

How long have you been taking it?

What is she recommending?

Aside from the medication, what else do you do for yourself health wise?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Medication

Post by jimmylegs »

imho it's not a good idea to do nothing about it. but the nature of the action taken is certainly up to you. re meds, various neuros over time have not managed to convince me to date. if i don't take care of myself though, i pay the price. you can always read up on what's suggested, if you haven't already done so. that's usually how i talk myself out of meds :S
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.