Please Help - Undiagnosed with L’hermitte’s Sign and Worried

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
aConfusedBoy

Please Help - Undiagnosed with L’hermitte’s Sign and Worried

Post by aConfusedBoy »

Hi!

Just some brief background. I’m an older teenager who began having symptoms of the Sign a couple days ago. It has gone down a little but definitely is still there, the electronic buzz that goes down my back into my butt, when I put my head into my chest. It doesn’t happen when I put my neck down standing straight up, I must bend my back a little too.

Three weeks ago I was severely sick and dehydrated and vomiting likely from a simple enterovirus.

Now, what are the odds I have MS based on just the Sign? I am getting very very nervous. Too nervous to tell anyone as I am leaving soon and will not have any access to the internet for a few weeks. I could also lose a massive scholarship if diagnosed. Please help, what’s the plan of action to take? Thanks!
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Please Help - Undiagnosed with L’hermitte’s Sign and Worried

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I think the odds are low based on what you've described. It actually doesn't sound like you've got the right symptom at all.
It sounds more like a mild impingement.
See what happens if a good osteo or physio does some manipulation.
I don't think you should be as concerned as you are.
Best of luck.
Regards,
aConfusedBoy

Post by aConfusedBoy »

Ok so it has been about a month since I first had L'hermitte's Sign. Whenever I put my head into my chest the shock would go down and buzz really hard in my butt. It got worse but now it has almost gone away. Do I need to go the doctor based on this? Or should I hold off and only go if it happens again?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Why haven't you seen your doctor yet?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

to be blunt, it's spinal cord damage. in your neck, no less. nice and high up there, as spinal cord damage goes. something made it happen. are you really comfortable waiting to see if an active spinal cord lesion will happen again, without your having looked into what's really going on?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.