Montmorency tart cherries have anti-inflammatory properties AND are healthy & delicious!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Montmorency tart cherries have anti-inflammatory properties AND are healthy & delicious!

Post by ElliotB »

I am constantly searching for foods to add to my diet that are anti-inflammatory. and just found this one. I have been taking a supplement made from them for almost a year, and just discovered they are available dried, without any added sugar or sweeteners of any kind from one company, Country Spoon (available on Amazon) and decided to try them (link below). They are quite delicious, a bit tart and a little sweet at the same time, well balanced between the two flavor wise and very enjoyable to eat.

Montmorency tart cherries are thought to have anti-inflammatory properties and many other health benefits as well, at least that is the general consensus on the web.

Montmorency tart cherries are different than the all other cherries. Turns out, the tart taste is an indication of the amount of anthocyanins in them. Anthocyanins are a type of flavonoid, a class of compounds with antioxidant effects. In addition to acting as antioxidants and fighting free radicals, anthocyanins may offer anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits.

As I mentioned above, they are delicious and a great addition to a healthy diet!

Here is a link to the Country Spoon no sugar added product on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Montmorenc ... 0076MBIL0/
AND while there are many products available with Montmorency tart cherries, they typically have added sugars. The Country Spoon Montmorency tart cherries have no added sugars or sweeteners of any kind and are simply dried Montmorency tart cherries (and a trace amount of sunflower oil used in processing).