video to deactivate coronavirus using soap

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
1eye
Family Elder

video to deactivate coronavirus using soap

Post by 1eye »

This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Re: video to deactivate coronavirus using soap

Post by 1eye »

Nay sayers will say it gets in your cells and soap won't touch it. No, it uses parts of cells to construct more copies of itself. That's how it spreads. But it infects mucus and that's one medium it travels in. One sniffle could kill you if it reaches your lungs.

What I do in the shower works for another coronavirus, the common cold. But as with a cold, the sooner after symptoms start, the better.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Another thing: masks can be made of silk or other cloth, that is soaked in soap. Even after it dries, the soap residue will protect. Droplets containing viri will deactivate when they hit the soap.

I found a ski mask that has a soft foam rubber surround. It doesn't press very hard on your face. The foam rubbe could be soaked in a dilute soap solution, just like the cloth mask.

Ski goggle manufacturers might want to donate these to hospitals.

Chris
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

This is a discussion between me and a doctor friend... still ongoing:

BTW ski masks are being used in hospitals...

**********************************************************************************************

The immune system might calm down if there was no more virus...

Chris

> Corona virus infection.
Stage 1 = like the common cold= upper respiratory tract infection with fever/sore throat/sinusitis etc
Stage 2 = spread to the lungs= lower respiratory infection with above + SOB, cough, pneumonia/bronchitis (still survivable)
Stage 3 = What finally kills people in Stage 3 of the disease is our own bodies overzealous immune response, not so much the virus any more, but your body starts to attack itself (autoimmune like) and affects heart/liver/kidneys/lungs etc resulting in organ failure = death
At this end stage we may need to suppress the bodies immune response because at that point the virus has been mostly destroyed and further damage, end organ failure, is from our own immune systems destructive power.
I think this is the way it works. So lung lavage with something that kills the virus will not work at this Stage 3.
Very good thought though it is.\
Bob

>> OK that is very clear now. I would never advocate strong soap in the lungs. The destruction of the surfactant is likely similar to the reason it deactivates the virus. These people are close to death and their lungs are intubated anyway. Under an anaesthetic the lungs could be filled with a weak soap solution. Then the person could be inverted to drain it. Then the distilled water rinse could be poured in, and the person inverted again to drain it again. You only have a few minutes until they die from lack of oxygen. Perhaps you need more than one "rinse cycle". But if I were close to death I would say yes, try it. Wouldn't you?

You might need to rely on the air pressure from the iron lung (I had a bipap machine for awhile - "whew! my iron lung is working again") to inflate the lungs) to revive them before they could breath on their own. You might also need several "rinse cycles".

Anyway rather than die for sure it might be something I'd want them to try, with my consent, before my lungs filled with "clean" water and killed me while I was on a ventilator. Some soaps are probably better than others, so I'd consult with a chemist or two.

What do you think? Would you suggest it to a palliative doctor? Would you distribute my video to other doctors?

Chris

>>> Good comprehensive video Chris.

Some thoughts about soap in the lungs.

If my memory serves me correctly...
The lungs are made of many many tiny air sacs like bubbles called alveoli, which I believe are held open with a ‘surfactant’. Without this surfactant, they would collapse. Then you have a chunk of solid lung tissue with no air sacs. This is why premature babies die because their immature lungs have too little or no surfactant.
I believe soap, made from lye, a caustic alkali product, destroys this surfactant and the lungs would therefore collapse and become fully nonfunctional.
This is all from vague memory of physiology/anatomy classes from 40 odd years ago.
Bob

This works for a cold, which is also a coronavirus, but as with a cold, the sooner after symptoms start, the better. Some people have said it gets into your cells and soap won't touch it there. But it infects mucus. How it gets in your lungs is you sniffle and infected mucus goes down your lungs.
https://vimeo.com/402219082

It uses parts of cells to construct more copies of itself. That's how it spreads. But it infects mucus and that's one medium it travels in.

One sniffle could kill you if it reaches your lungs.

What I do in the shower works for another coronavirus, the common cold. But as with a cold, the sooner after symptoms start, the better.
Another thing: masks can be made of silk or other cloth, that is soaked in soap. Even after it dries, the soap residue will protect. Droplets containing viri will deactivate when they hit the soap.

I found a ski mask that has a soft foam rubber surround. It doesn't press very hard on your face. The foam rubber could be soaked in a dilute soap solution, just like the cloth mask. Ski goggle manufacturers might want to donate these to hospitals.

Chris
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Dear legs:

Distancing and isolation are not always possible. The virus spreads from contact with people who have no symptoms. My former PSW, my sister-in-law who is a nurse, and my MS friend who also has juvenile diabetes for the last 50 years, and works as a receptionist in an old-age nursing home, can all get covid-19 and cannot stay isolated.

If you have it, the prophylactic measures in my video will help deactivate the virus. Soap is the absolute best thing for that, as for hand-washing. It will deactivate covid19 and any other viri on your hands and in your nose and eyes. You have to prevent it getting in mucus and getting down into your lungs.

For other inanimate objects we have some spray bottles and have dilute bleach, and soap and water in them. Ask someone who knows what they are doing to mix you up some. Or just use dishwashing soap and water. It does not have to be very strong. But soap works. Ask any chemist.

https://vimeo.com/402219082

Chris
Last edited by 1eye on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

My dog spot:

http://colorpix.sullivanweb.me/50s-and- ... orized.jpg

Top left to make bigger, arrow keys and escape on your keyboard, bottom right for slide show.

Chris
Not a doctor.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

1eye wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:47 am Then the distilled water rinse could be poured in, and the person inverted again to drain it again.
Distilled water would be extremely hypotonic to the epithelial cells and would most likely lyse them leading to massive tissue damage. This alone could be lethal.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I've said as you may or may not have read, I am not a doctor. If you are one, it may be about time you let others know.

I am thinking I may know how Dr. Semmelweis felt. People may be afraid of soap. But distilled water? I suppose it was the fact that it was NOT distilled, that allowed people to live after they had been saved from drowning by having their lungs cleared of water. I don't know. I am not a doctor.

I have posted the words of a doctor here in this thread. There may be action on this, since now that people know that the deaths from covid19 have been from organ failure due to a massive immune response, there may soon be a blood test for covid19. What many may be forgetting is that human beings (with exceptions like Donald Trump) are not the enemy here. Most of them do not want you to die or fail or shut up, or even to get your money. The enemy here is a particle travelling in droplets of spit or mucus.

I had to download Chrome because my usual browser was too diligent in protecting me from some imagined problem with my time setting (which is fine). So you are hearing from me courtesy of Chrome.

Lord save me from people who want to save me...

And please while you are at it save me from people who would rather kill others than be seen not to be as omniscient as you.
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

BTW people who believe their browsers when they tell them this is a dangerous site that they should not read, may never again read a single word this site has on it. Isn't that great? The forces of darkness win again.
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I want to say in this possibly unread and useless forum, that if it comes to the point where I am likely to die of covid-19 if no other action is taken, I want dilute, soapy water to be put into my lungs. Of course, using gravity and followed by a flush with distilled water, via a tube, under anaesthetic, and inversion to drain them. Please. While I am still alive. Worst case is it will tell you it does not work. Best case is I will live, and so may others.

This is my informed consent.
Not a doctor.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

1eye wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 am I've said as you may or may not have read, I am not a doctor. If you are one, it may be about time you let others know.
No, I'm not a doctor though I do have a master's in cellular biology.
1eye wrote:I am thinking I may know how Dr. Semmelweis felt. People may be afraid of soap. But distilled water? I suppose it was the fact that it was NOT distilled, that allowed people to live after they had been saved from drowning by having their lungs cleared of water. I don't know. I am not a doctor.
It may be the case that the mucus layer helps to protect the cells from the osmotic perturbation. Removal of the mucus layer may leave the cells susceptible to lysis.
1eye wrote:I had to download Chrome because my usual browser was too diligent in protecting me from some imagined problem with my time setting (which is fine). So you are hearing from me courtesy of Chrome.
The site's SSL certificate had expired. It's fixed now.