Having trouble sending PMs

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Having trouble sending PMs

Post by ElliotB »

I am trying to send a PM to a member that contacted me and the message is 'stuck' in my out box. How do I get it to send?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Having trouble sending PMs

Post by jimmylegs »

once they look at it, it will move. i have had one outgoing msg stuck for years. maybe they'll come for it, maybe they won't!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Thanks, that makes sense. I had one from late 2019 that was still there so I was concerned. The ones I sent yesterday are no longer there. Thanks for your help! Stay safe!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

you too :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

"I am trying to send a PM to a member that contacted me and the message is 'stuck' in my out box. How do I get it to send?"
I had that very same issue and question a while back.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

THX1138 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:06 pm "I am trying to send a PM to a member that contacted me and the message is 'stuck' in my out box. How do I get it to send?"
I had that very same issue and question a while back.

From the Forums FAQ...
NHE wrote:Q: Why do private messages seem to get stuck in the outbox for so long?

A: Private messages will stay in the sender's outbox until the recipient reads the message. To be notified of when you have a new private message go into your profile configuration. Click on the 'Board Preferences' tab and then click on 'Edit Notification Options' in the left hand column. Select the check box for email for the 'Someone sends you a private message' option and you will receive an email alert when there is a new private message for you.

Return to “General Discussion”