Generalized Cerebral Atrophy

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
macy225

Generalized Cerebral Atrophy

Post by macy225 »

Greetings to all. I'm curious if many of you have been diagnosed with above in addition to MS. I was told by my Neurologist it's not very common but does happen with PPMS. My brain is very small in size compared to a healthy brain and will continue to atrophy; there is nothing they can do for me. It's a harrowing feeling. I'm literally loosing my mind. Any thoughts, comments much appreciated .
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Generalized Cerebral Atrophy

Post by NHE »

macy225 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:07 am Greetings to all. I'm curious if many of you have been diagnosed with above in addition to MS. I was told by my Neurologist it's not very common but does happen with PPMS. My brain is very small in size compared to a healthy brain and will continue to atrophy; there is nothing they can do for me. It's a harrowing feeling. I'm literally loosing my mind. Any thoughts, comments much appreciated .
Untreated sleep apnea can cause cerebral atrophy. Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?
macy225

Post by macy225 »

No, I have not. The atrophy is directly due to MS.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Atrophy is a big problem and I'm sorry to hear about this. It can be caused by many things, not necessarily MS related.
Do you have other issues, such diabetes or general health issues as well? B12 deficiency is another contributing factor as is vascular health (ie. blood pressure issues)
Even if you have been told that MS is the cause, I would look very closely for coincident illnesses.

Regards,