Astra Zeneca vaccine with Fingolimod

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Astra Zeneca vaccine with Fingolimod

Post by gibbledygook »

This is just a quick note to say that on Saturday 20th March 2021, I had my first Astra Zeneca Covid vaccine whilst having taken Fingolimod for about 5 years. I have nothing dramatic to report except that the vaccine side effects are quite a bit worse than my usual flu vaccine side effects and my MS symptoms are correspondingly quite a bit worse .
I was worried about getting an mRNA vaccine but luckily I was given the Astra Zeneca one. I guess it's a bit early to say whether I am having a relapse or not but I don't think I am.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Re: Astra Zeneca vaccine with Fingolimod

Post by gibbledygook »

Just a quick update for those interested! I had pretty bad flu symptoms the first 2 days after the jab and then on day 4 I had a severe bout of nausea followed by catching a sore throat, sneezes, cough along with loss of smell and taste from my kids! Mmm. However this often happens when I get a cold. I had minimally elevated temperature.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
ThisIsMA
Family Elder

Post by ThisIsMA »

This is MS really should have a separate thread or survey where people with MS can report which type of vaccine they get and how it has affected them. Thanks for reporting on your vaccine experience.

How are you feeling now? I hope your symptoms are improving.
DX 6-09 RRMS, now SPMS
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Yes, that would be a good idea. I think different medication interactions, if any would be very interesting.
I am pretty much back to normal so had no relapse. At one point a few days after the jab my eyesight became very blurry but improved over the next few days. Apart from a lingering loss of smell and continuing sniffle, I am well.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

just seeing these posts now; glad you are feeling better. sorry did you mean your kids lost smell and taste?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Hi, actually they only complained about a sore throat and I didn’t ask them about a loss of smell/taste. Just beginning to get my smell back. TBF my sense if smell has been quite culnerable to colds/age for last few years!