LP lab results

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
mrsadams1129

LP lab results

Post by mrsadams1129 »

For those of you diagnosed and had a lumbar puncture, can you share your CSF differential results with me? I’ve been told white blood cells really shouldn’t be there. What, if anything, do you make of my results?

43 total cells counted
Lymphocytes value 86
Monocytes value 14
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: LP lab results

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
I haven't had this test (and many don't these days). Normal CSF is clear with a WBC level of 0-5 cells. There is not enough information and I doubt anyone here has sufficient experience to interpret what your numbers indicate. There could be an array of things to check for. I would not be trying to do your own interpretation based on those numbers but this link might show how broad the options can be https://oxfordmedicaleducation.com/clin ... pretation/

Lymphocytes are the heavy duty super heroes of the immune system. Their presence indicates they are responding to something. Monocytes can either take an active roles in infection fighting or direct lymphocytes and other infection fighting cells. There is no surprise that they occur together.

The positive news is they have been spotted and can be used to provide the right treatment.

Regards,