Optic neuritis-clemastine fumarate-b-12

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Optic neuritis-clemastine fumarate-b-12

Post by Anonymoose »

I started experiencing optic neuritis on 3/26. As is described by doc google, it worsened over about 4 days and sat in my eye like a central opaque gray cloud. Around the 4th day, I took a rainbow of supplements and 1.34 mg clemastine fumarate. It seemed like the cloud became a little less opaque that day. So I jumped to 2.68 mg CF for the next two days and didn’t notice any improvement. Since anticholinergics aren’t awesome for your brain I decided to wait out the initial inflammation and try again later. I kept taking multi, took an extra 2000iu d3 w extra magnesium, and sprinkled in some b complex for a couple days. No joy…so I quit all that too. Then I got a random urge to take sublingual b12 yesterday morning. A couple hours later, I noticed blue sparkles when I tested my gray cloud eye. Hmmm. Then I recalled taking b12 as part of my initial supplement rainbow on CF day one. Maybe b12 caused possible improvement? So I took more b12 and the cloud became more translucent throughout the day. It is still definitely there but it is significantly smaller and color is returning. This is only day 9. Vision isn’t supposed to be returning yet.

Maybe I’m b12 deficient and that caused ON. Or maybe I’m just having the longest mostly pain free migraine ever. Or maybe CF preps the nerve for repair and it needs mega doses of b12 to work. I have no idea but I am so excited that this dang cloud is fading. Scooping up after two dogs with one good eye and the wind blowing my bangs into my one good eye is quite treacherous.

I’m thinking I’ll stick with b12 until improvement stops and then do another pulse of CF. Anyone else experimenting w CF?

Be well all!
‘Moose

Edit: Just took a long, hot shower. Vision issue is heat sensitive. It’s worse but still better than the worst while hot. It’s improving as I cool down. I think that confirms its a demyelination issue.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Re: Optic neuritis-clemastine fumarate-b-12

Post by Anonymoose »

Things cleared up for the most part within the next 10 days. I wound up taking 2.68 mg CF every second or third day a few more times. I’m just waiting for the minor difficulty reading standard sized text with only the affected eye to pass (or not).

I suspect clemastine fumarate could be a game changer for us. Doctors can still prescribe this for allergies if you can’t find it over the counter…at least they could a couple years ago.

Be well :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Optic neuritis-clemastine fumarate-b-12

Post by jimmylegs »

hi Anon, i'm only just seeing your updates now. thank you for sharing. glad things are on the mend and you found something that worked!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.