My MS Mis-Diagnosis please read!!!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
HUTTO
Family Member

Post by HUTTO »

i know what your saying. i remember finding a tick on my head when i was like 10 or something..i thought it was something else like a scab..i would move it back and forth and all that. couldn't tell because of the hair on my head. by the time i figured out it was a tick it could have been on there months. disgusting when you think about it. i guess i wouldn't of seen the bullsye either..lol. who knows. thanks for looking at that for us.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: My MS Mis-Diagnosis

Post by NHE »

Hi Lyon,
Thanks for the links. That radiology site is certainly worth bookmarking for future reference.

NHE
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUTTO
Family Member

Post by HUTTO »

lyon. did you repost that part about the dr and doing the spinal tabs and none of the ms patients have lyme?interesting. i think lyme, from what i have read is very difficult to dx. kind of like ms patients that have spinal taps and don't have the bands. even if you don't it doesn't mean you don't have ms. interesting none the less...have a good weekend.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

Could a person with MRTC's still consider Lyme disease as a cause?

Marcia
Marcia
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

So Bob, is your answer YES or NO?

Marcia
Marcia
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

Lyon and everyone,

I am so glad I stumbled upon this site. You all have opened my eyes and mind to the complications and enormity of this disease. With my limited knowledge, I assumed MS was a beast of it's own. I thought it was either LD or MS. My mind is expanding to understand it may be that LD left untreated could have brought upon my MS dx or maybe not. I guess even if I choose to push the issue and get tested and retested and retested for LD that even if it eventually comes up positive it really doesn't matter...I HAVE MS.

Keep teaching and enlightening me,
Marcia
Marcia
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelermom2

MS Misdiagnosis

Post by steelermom2 »

Severe copper deficiency and zinc poisoning present with symptoms that can mimic MS. A blood test can rule thse out: http://excessive-zinc-causes-multiple-s ... ptoms.com/
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

optimal zinc level in healthy controls is 18 umol/L so if you test and are lower than that you're a typical ms-er.
i have read of excess symptoms starting in the low-mid 20s. bad excess symptoms in the 30s. i'd have to go hunting again to find those.. not right now though.
fatality after accidental zinc oxide injection into the heart: "However, in comparison to a control case, the zinc concentrations determined by AAS were about 200 times higher in lung tissue, 10 times higher in heart blood and 3-4 times higher in kidney and liver tissue".
sojourner
Family Member

Post by sojourner »

ssmme,

No one on this forum is an expert on whether lyme can cause an MS-like disease. So I don't think you should draw conclusions on the cause of your MS based on these posts.

I especially do not think you should take the attitude that even if your MS was caused by lyme that you cannot or should not treat it. You need to do research about that. There are plenty of people who were formally dx'd with MS, later treated for lyme and are much better now. Compare that with the general prognosis of MS (except for the current wonder cures where your immune system is wiped out, you are cured, but you still have to stay on immuno-modulating drugs because you aren't totally cured until your immune system is retrained---and then you are cured, until your MS comes back and you have to be cured again).

Contrary to the tone set in these posts there are a good many highly respected researchers who think it is entirely possible that lyme causes some people to get the disease we describe as MS. Furthermore, a differential diagnosis of MS v. Neuroborreliosis is exceedingly challenging if one admits to the absolutely abysmal state of testing for lyme.

One final thing about the radiology assistant site. Am I the only one who picked up the quite unscientific tone the author took when describing the issue of differential between MS and Lyme??.....I'm quoting from the website in the MS section under Reporting,

"If a patient is clinically suspected of having MS and the MR-images support that diagnosis, than you should not consider the possibility of Lyme's disease and neuro-SLE in the differential diagnosis, because they have such a low prevalence.
There must be other ways to impress your collegues.
These diagnoses are only worth mentioning if there are clinical findings that support these diagnoses"

What the heck it that about?............so we throw out a possible lyme (not Lyme's-a pet peeve of mine) diagnosis because, in the opinion of these docs, it's rare..????.....
Clinical findings???? They can be and often are exactly the same in MS and lyme. Now what? and what does impressing colleagues have to do with anything?

[/b][/u]