Concrete sandwich and concussion

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Grumpster
Family Elder

Concrete sandwich and concussion

Post by Grumpster »

Two Fridays ago I fell down an flight of 3 stairs and did a face plant onto the concrete below. I fractured my skull, was knocked unconcious and suffered a stage 3 concussion. Wow, I spent 2 days in ICU and another in the hospital. I had CSF fluid coming out of my ears in the ER.

I am starting to recover, but the headache and balance are still bad. I believe my fall was mostly due to MS and equilibrium problems. I hope to get well soon. All I can say is stay away from the concrete sandwiches. They suck! :(
nenebird
Getting to Know You...

Post by nenebird »

This makes my head hurt just reading this. I had a concussion about 5 years ago from slipping on algae in a stream. Went back full on and hit my head on a rock...I felt like one of those cartoon characters with stars floating around my head. Nausea, dizzy, pain...Took me about 3 weeks to get back to work and a full six months before I could ride in a car without any pain. Everytime I would brake, my head would hurt..You need to heal. Hope you feel better.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

omg u guys, that sounds so awful! grumpster i hope you recover as quickly as possible!
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Grump,

Man that sounds like it was a doozy. Skull fracture, stage 3 concussion? Man when you fall, you give it hell! Get better soon man.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nenu
Family Elder

Post by Nenu »

Ouch. All the more reason I'm glad I'm moving into a place with less stairs. Hope you're feeling better soon.
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

Grumpster,

This is the worst description of a fall that I have ever read for a person that lived to tell about it.

Hope that you are making a full recovery and that you get well soon. Guess that you don't have to be told to be careful around stairs.

gwa
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

I wish a speedy recovery for you! As if you needed this to deal with!
Lori
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

Grumpster, damn, that sounds horrible. I'm glad you're recovering.
MattB
Family Elder

Post by MattB »

Hope you pull a full recovery! That had to be scary!
Grumpster
Family Elder

Post by Grumpster »

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I have always been told I am hard headed :? There was no hand rail, lighting, or reflective tape at top or bottom. When standing a few feet from the stairs you hardly can tell they are there. I did make a spectacular go at it Loobie! I hear that many came to oggle at my epic face plant. I do not know since I was KO'd.

I was hoping that maybe the hard hit reset my immune and thus the MS too, but I guess that is just a dream.... now back to bed. Thanks again!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hey Grumpster...
was this a public place? No wonder you took a nosedive. No handrail? No lights? Yikes. Sounds like lawsuit material to me...but I'm kinda litigious.

I really hope you're feeling better! Maybe you've found the cure for MS...a crushing blow to the head. If that were so, I know alot of people who'd be throwing themselves down the stairs.
8O
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
AllyB
Family Elder

Post by AllyB »

Yikes, G - CSF coming out of your ears! That is a shocker - please get lots of rest, take your pain muti and look after yourself. Will keep you in my prayers for a comfortable and quick convalescence.
Al

Return to “General Discussion”