excitedscaredexcitedscaredexcitedscared

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

excitedscaredexcitedscaredexcitedscared

Post by MrsGeorge »

I just need to let this out somewhere and blow off a little steam....

Turns out that I might be pregnant. It's only 6.5 weeks since my last miscarriage but I have a whole bunch of symptoms that have been around for about a week that I have been trying to ignore until Adam made me talk to the dr. Since these sympoms include stuff like morning sickness she has taken bloods to test my hcg level but I won't get the result until tomorrow.

If I am then it will brilliant news but a big shock too - it took me 2 years to get pregnant again after the previous m/c! I am really excited at the prospect but also really terrified - what if I am, I'm not sure I can go through a 4th m/c, not that I think I will. But if I'm not I have gotten all my hopes up now!

Anyways - sorry for that - I just needed to get all that stuff out of my head.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

big news mrs g!!! i'll be keeping my fingers crossed to hear about good news when your results are in!
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

Congratulations MrsG, best wishes for you and will be praying too!!!!!
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

Post by TwistedHelix »

I'm sure we all wish for everything to work out for you this time. Best wishes now and for the future!
Dom
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

:D OOOOOOHHHH! best of luck MrsGeorge fingers crossed for you!

Often you are at your most fertile after a miscarriage, after birth or after stopping the pill. Sometimes docs even put women on the pill, then take them off it and advise them to try for a baby when they stop.

I really hope it is a +
:wink:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey mrs, so sorry that you've suffered these losses. i makes me wonder what kind of bloodwork have you had done, anything they're trying to assess as a possible link?
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

it's the NHS they have done nothing. They don't county it as significant until you have had 3 miscarriages!

Results are in - I'm not pregnant. The dr was a reall arse and just wanted to get me off the phone. When I asked him why i have been constantly nauseous for almost a wekk he said it's probably a virus dear and ended the call!

So - is there a possible MS reason for my sypmtoms? I have been feeling queasy/sick for about a week and have been having frequent headaches and occasional dizzyness.
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

MrsGeorge wrote: Results are in - I'm not pregnant. The dr was a reall arse and just wanted to get me off the phone. When I asked him why i have been constantly nauseous for almost a wekk he said it's probably a virus dear and ended the call

Sorry MrsG, but don't give up hope
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sad news. sorry the doc was so insensitive. wow.

if you don't mind my asking, what's your regimen at the moment? regarding foods, drinks, seasonings, spices, drugs, supplements, herbs, and all that kind of thing? what kinds of things do eat and drink and take every day? what kinds of foods etc do you consistently avoid or just dislike? might be some clues or ideas to come out of that.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Dear Mrs. George...
I'm so sorry for you, and truly hope and pray you are able to carry a baby to term. Please stay strong, and know that we are with you in spirit.
Jimmy mentions blood work...I'll just say it. If you haven't already, you need to be tested for Hughes Syndrome. The foundation is in London. Maybe they can help you-I know Dr. Hughes is in England, as well.
It's maybe a long shot, but you fit some of the profile (headaches, dizziness, and miscarriages) Read up, and check and see if you've been tested yet.
http://www.hughes-syndrome.org/contact.htm
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

:( Oh I am sorry to hear that MrsGeorge.
I have had nausea when I had MS dizziness. Sometimes it happens if a lesion is affecting the inner ear balance mechanisms (can't rem the name for em!) and nausea can ensue while your balance is off.

Really sorry again.
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

MrsG,

Being the old fuddy duddy on the board, I have some thoughts for you. Have you considered the cost of nappies, clothes, furniture and food for a new person in your house?

I was curious because you have indicated money is tight and some young people don't think about all of the costs (like nannies) if you are to keep working plus the "normal" baby expenses, which are quite high.

You just seem so anxious to have a baby and maybe haven't thought of all the issues you will face once the baby arrives.

Back to minding my own business now. Later.

gwa
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

gwa

Please know that I mean no disrespect by what I am about to say.

Did you ever think about what it would be like for you or any of us if your parents had used the same mind set as you have indicated. When I was a kid my parents were very poor. My dad worked his ass off to put food on the table to feed me and my sister. You know what, we never missed a meal and we always had clothes and everything we needed. I think we all have hard times (with ms, money, relationships) that is just life.

Mrs G please keep trying. Never let money stand in the way of having a family. If you put off having kids because you can't afford them then you will never have them. I know my son thanks me everyday for this without ever saying a word. My son and my wife are the world to me and I thank God for them everyday. Children are truly a blessing you don't want to miss out on over money. arti

Sorry to disagree with you gwa, arti
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

gwa--I understand your suggestions. You were offering rationalizations to help one accept the situation concerning babies. As someone who is fortunate to have had a child at all (due to endometriosis and an ultimate hysterectomy), I realize that fertility is not under our control; we want a child, but sometimes we must work to accept a different outcome--whether it is adoption or rationalization or mind change. MS is not the only thing in life that is not fair.

We are friends here; we want to help and understand, but can only try and offer our best. We feel helplessness, too.
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

I couldn't afford my little boogers but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

My zillion edits were in trying to get them small enough to not stretch the page. Looks like I overdid it. Ha!
Last edited by Terry on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”