Any idea whats wrong with me?? Possible Mult. Sclerosis?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no no no, nit pick away, good eye eric i think those units are wrong altogether.
i think they meant μmol/L because it doesn't really make sense for them to have meant μg/ml, or μg/dL either.

google zinc and μg/ml, you just don't get human blood contexts, except for that one where they killed some poor post-op patient by accidentally injecting her with her eczema cream. unless that was a units mistake too.

you get serum results when you google zinc and μg/dL, or μmol/L.

"In the presence of zinc at physiological level (20 μmol/l)..."

"Zinc status is defined by serum zinc levels in the international reference values between 11.6 µmol/L and 23.0 µmol/L..."

"Serum zinc was significantly lower in fructose malabsorbers (13.1 ± 2.2 µmol/L) than in normal fructose absorbers (14.1 ± 2.1 µmol/L; P = 0.007; Fig. 1 )..."

"After supplementation, subjects in the zinc-supplemented group showed significant increases in serum zinc concentrations from 12.2 μmol/L (80 μg/dL) at Day 0 to 15.3 μmol/L (100 μg/dL) at Day 90." [JL: <-- hey look it's that conversion factor hehehe]