Rumours of my death ...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

Rumours of my death ...

Post by TwistedHelix »

… Have been greatly exaggerated. I'm OK! Bob tells me he keeps getting enquiries about my health, so I think I'd better explain. Since November of last year I seem to have had one infection after another: they each knocked me for six and no sooner do I begin recovering from one than another one strikes. The cumulative effect has been to leave me very weak, with little energy for posting or checking out research, and I made a conscious effort to avoid TIMS because I so enjoyed talking to you all that I knew I wouldn't be able to resist joining in and would risk completely wearing myself out!
At the moment I have a slight chest infection but it's not too bad, although with swine flu lurking in the neighbourhood things could quickly get interesting.
I really miss the community here and think about you often. Last week I finally gave in and joined Facebook in the hope that it would be a surrogate friendship network, but it's just not the same…

The news about venous stenosis is really, REALLY exciting and, since I'm logging on here for the first time in months, I'm going to check out what you've all been saying about it!
We've all my love, thoughts and best wishes, (except you, Bob),
Dom.
Dom
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

DOMINICO!!

Good to see you brother! Man I was worried about you and am so glad you feel good enough to post. Read away in CCSVI as that's the busiest I've ever seen this board. I just got back from having it done one week ago. Nothing to report yet, but some of the people who have not been affected for many years are reporting really good stuff. I think you'll have plenty to read! Great to "hear your voice" again.

Welcome back.

Lew
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

DOM!!!
Oh, my heart is singing this a.m. So good to "hear" from you- and see that smiling mug. You and your saucy cherry angiomas and vascular posts kept me on the blood trail :wink:

I hope this latest infection is clearing out, and that you are able to visit with friends at home and write your evocative music. Please don't be a stranger- and keep posting.
all the best,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

Post by TwistedHelix »

Great to hear you, too!
Loobie, it's amazing to hear of something going from research to treatment so quickly – obviously because it's a preexisting procedure and not a new drug – I can't wait to hear your progress reports!

Bob, Facebook is easier because it requires only brief comments and no thought or research whatsoever, err… a bit like this, come to think of it,
Dom.
Dom
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

lyndacarol
Family Elder

Perfect post!!

Post by lyndacarol »

Terry -- Yours was the perfect post! I was SO glad to hear from Dom; "Celebration" was perfect to sum up my feeling. I smiled all the way through it. WELCOME BACK, Dom!
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

Dom! You just made my day. Sure, you could argue I need to get out more, but still...Good to read your update. I hope the bugs and viruses leave you alone for a while.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

:D :D :D
Gr8 to c u back.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Dom wahey, so pleased to see you back. :lol:
Understand you must be laid low with the repeated infections.....how exhausting for you. Facebook is a bit like eating marshmallows.....very addictive but ultimately unsatisfying. :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
scoobyjude
Family Elder

Post by scoobyjude »

Dom, so glad to see you back. We've all missed your kind, gentle, knowledgable opinion greatly. Hope you fully recover from all your ailments quickly.

Return to “General Discussion”