Fampridine another flop?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
scorpion
Family Elder

Fampridine another flop?

Post by scorpion »

You have got to be f###### kidding me. I think moving to a cabin in the woods and letting whatever happens happen is looking like a good option.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... xJwE07QFq8
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

What a disappointment!!! :x Many MS'rs were looking forward to the drug coming on the market (even thought it was going to cost you an arm and a leg!)

Sharon
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

hmmmmmmmmm
ellen
Getting to Know You...

fampridine

Post by ellen »

To the FDA... I want to TRY this drug.....it may work, it may not, but please, at least give me the opportunity to try it at my OWN risk!!! I tried to get in a trial 5 years ago and was told I walked too well. Now I don't walk that well. Just let me TRY it. Very frustrating when I am willing to risk it.

Ellen
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: fampridine

Post by CureOrBust »

ellen wrote:To the FDA... I want to TRY this drug.....it may work, it may not, but please, at least give me the opportunity to try it at my OWN risk!!! I tried to get in a trial 5 years ago and was told I walked too well. Now I don't walk that well. Just let me TRY it. Very frustrating when I am willing to risk it.
I found a local compounding pharmacist that made LDN for MS'rs, gave them some documents off the net on 4AP, spoke to my GP (this is where I think I was very lucky), and within a few weeks I had a slow release compounded 4AP.

Depending on where in the world you are, there may be a pharmacist that already compounds it for others. Mine had never heard of it before, but easily sourced it from the USA.
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

Yes, it can be compounded easily. My doctor (the late great Dr. Jacobs of the jacobs clinic) was prescribing it 10 years ago. It didn't help me at all though.

Return to “General Discussion”