Anyone in Halifax Nova Scotia?

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Mary
Family Member

Anyone in Halifax Nova Scotia?

Post by Mary »

I'm going to be moving to Halifax Nova Scotia to accept a new job. I need to find a new doctor and pharmacy that can supply me with LDN. Does anyone have experience in that city or can someone help me out with this information please?
Thanks in advance.

Aylish
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Anyone in Halifax Nova Scotia?

Post by HarryZ »

Aylish,

Unless someone can give you the name of a doc who rx LDN in Halifax, you can always contact a number of compounding pharmacies there and ask them if they have ever filled a LDN prescription. If you get a positive answer from any of them you can then ask for the name of the doctor who rxd it and then contact his office for an appointment.

Good luck.

Harry
Mary
Family Member

Post by Mary »

Thanks Harry, I was thinking I may have to do something like that or maybe look to the MS Society in that area to see what info they can provide....although since LDN is still kind of a "question mark" for the MS Society, I may have more luck working through the pharmacy.
Thanks again.

Aylish
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

aylish wrote:Thanks Harry, I was thinking I may have to do something like that or maybe look to the MS Society in that area to see what info they can provide....although since LDN is still kind of a "question mark" for the MS Society, I may have more luck working through the pharmacy.
Thanks again.

Aylish
LDN is more than just a question mark for the MS Society! It's something they want nothing to do with and I'm afraid you would be wasting your time by asking them for assistance in Halifax. Save yourself some frustration and go about it without getting the Society involved.

Harry
HeatherLB

Post by HeatherLB »

Hello, I live in NS and I asked my Dr. To prescribe LDN but I am having trouble getting the prescription filled.

Did you find a pharmacy?

I am desperate! My MS is driving me crazy.
dlynn
Family Elder

Post by dlynn »

http://www.ldnscience.org/ldn-a-ogf-sup ... -548281174
Here is a link to a pharmacy in Israel, no RX required. Scroll down to where it's highlighted in blue. I started on this until someone on this website found a Dr. for me. I'm is the U.S.A. Hope this helps
redd1

Post by redd1 »

There is a pharmacy in Wolfville, NS called Cochrane's Pharmasave. I am from Cape Breton,NS and they were mailing the compounded ldn to me at a very reasonable price. Stopped getting it there because the Pharmasave in Baddeck, NS, close to where I live, will compound it. You can also try the pharmacy at the QE II Hospital in halifax. I believe they also do compounding there as well. Hope everything works out.

Stephen E. Dx 2008 PPMS

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”