How long before you feel effects

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
civickiller
Family Elder

How long before you feel effects

Post by civickiller »

How long where you on LDN before you started feeling the effects good or bad?

Ive been on it for about 3 months 3 mg with no effects
nellie
Family Elder

Post by nellie »

I never did feel any effects either good or bad.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

How much mg were you on? For how long?
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I think it took about 3 months to notice effects for me. I am convinced it helped me a lot; and almost certainly my urinary problems disappeared because of LDN. I also know that if I miss a night the day after is a "foggy day"...
nellie
Family Elder

Post by nellie »

I've been on 3mg. for 18 mos. now. Even though I didn't show any positive effects I have no negative & am hoping for help to slow progression. It is such a inexpensive drug to take. For me 4.5mg. incresed my spacisity so I went back to 3 mg.
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

hi everyone
just saw my naturopath and he wants me to stay on 4.5mg for about 3 months as its only been 2 weeks. i stared at 1mg and upped the dose for 2 weeks each. it wasn't until now i had any negative affects. he thinks the negs will subside, plus he would like to go to 5mg...hmmmmmmm anyon that high?
oh, my bladder is really great, and i'm stronger, way stronger...
PPMS. Liberated Katowice, Poland
06/05/10 angioplasty RJV-re-stenodsed
26/08/10 stent RJV
28/12/10 follow-up ultrasound intimal hyperplasia
samovar

great fan of LDN

Post by samovar »

hi everyone, my first post here. I started seeing positive effects just 2 weeks after I started using LDN. I had (along with other things) terrible vertigo accompanied by slurry speech during a post partum attack. those were completely gone in a month and never returned. I've been using LDN for 2,5 years now (3 mg) and never think of quitting it. walking and balance difficulties are going on and getting worse because I have SPMS, but I believe I would be much worse without it. I guess the feedback time and intensity changes for everyone.
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

Hi Samover,
I have been taking 4.5mg for over 3 years and like you (SPMS) believe I would be a lot worse without it.
Have had progressive MS for about 6 years (25 years altogether) and believe that swank/jelinek diet have also helped. However, I still have old damage - weakness/spacitity in right leg causing mobility problems.
Since starting LDN, I have had marked improvement in bladder function, numbness and tingling/buzzing symptoms have disappeared and I have more energy and less fatigue. I also believe that LDN has stopped progression of my MS and my symptoms remain stable.
It is the only treatment I have taken for MS and I will never stop taking it.

It is certainly worth a try, especially for those with progressive disease. LDN has proven to be a safe, non toxic, cheap ,oral alternative to current dmd's.

Cheers,

Diz
laura383
Family Member

Post by laura383 »

Here's a snippet from a question and answer section of a site I found, with the link:

How quickly can one expect to see benefit from LDN?
Most users typically experience benefit within days. If no benefit has been seen by the end of one month, it may be necessary to modify the dose being taken. If the dose adjustment does not help, it is unlikely that benefit will be seen from LDN in such cases.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ldnscience.org/low-dose-nalt ... nd-answers
popsie
Getting to Know You...

Re: How long before you feel effects

Post by popsie »

I felt the first benefit after 2 weeks (was able to bend my leg in the middle of the night) and then gradually saw more and more benefits. I had lost nearly all my sense of smell and taste for 3 years. After 1 year on LDN my taste started returning. Now I have regained 80% of my taste and 50% of my smell. Best of all I have totally regained my voice. I had been gradually losing it, finding it more and more difficult to talk or project my voice. Now people tell ME not to talk so loudly. LOVE LDN
KateCW
Family Elder

Re: How long before you feel effects

Post by KateCW »

I have been on LDN for 2.5 years. I have have never felt anything, good or bad. I have certainly continued to get worse. However,I continue to take it as it s cheap, benign, and may be helping o slow progression, although I will never know.

It is not the " miracle drug" that some sources would have you believe, but probably worth a try.
Kathy, 49 with PPMS,full time scooter.
Married to a wonderful man, mother to a darling 9 yr old boy