hives and skin reactions from LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
patticake66
Family Member

hives and skin reactions from LDN

Post by patticake66 »

Hi....I have been taking LDN, 2.5 for 16 months. About 3 months after I started taking it, I was developing red bumps that would break open and become sores but only on my legs. A dermatologist biopsied the sores and told me they are a reaction to either the LDN or the copaxone (which I also take). My neurologists insists it is not the copaxone . I believe it is the LDN. These red bumps are itchy and some look like hives and others break open and they take forever to heal. I use antibiotic cream on them and that seems to help. Anyway, does anyone else have this issue? I love LDN and I don't want to stop taking it....any suggestions?
leetz
Family Elder

HI...

Post by leetz »

maybe an alergie to the filler used??? i take it for the 2nd round tried about 3 years ago...re-started about a month ago...it really is supposed to have very lil side effects...possibly the filler used?
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
MegansMom
Family Elder

Post by MegansMom »

I agree with Leetz

In compounded drugs the inert ingredients ( the binder used) is varied. Ask your compounding pharmacy what they use and ask them to change it.
Cat (Catherine Somerville on FB)
MegansMom
My 35 yo daughter is newly dx 8/19/10 (had 12 symptoms)
Dx with Type A CCSVI- 1 IJV & double "candy wrapper" appearance of her Azygos
Venoplasty done Sept 21, 2010
Doing extremely well-
patticake66
Family Member

Post by patticake66 »

Thanks....I'll try that.
Agerman

Re: hives and skin reactions from LDN

Post by Agerman »

Hi- I also stated getting hives after a month of using LDN. I called the pharmacist and the filler they use is cellulose, it is gluten and dairy free. I also don’t want to stop taking the LDN so I got some Claritin and that seems to help.

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”